tryed to help but !

G

George

A few weeks back I was asked to donate some money and help for the Dominican children. I was more than willing to help with time and money.As time went by I was rejected for some reason and all contacts stoped. Needless to say the children lost not me and i felt we have let the children down. When you ask for donation please stop and think about the childern first as was posted. This will not stop my donation of money and time. I have plans of moving to the DR and doing the same to help the children there. Please if you ask for donations don't turn face and let the children down like this. You know who you are and know you did wrong not to me but you let some child down with your promises to help them. I have been cominig to DR1 for over 2 years and this is a first.
To all of you out there truly helping God Bless you and your familys.
Thanks, George

D

DR1

Contact Muchachos y Muchachas con Don Bosco. This is a worthy program that has been going on for years. They provide vocational training for teenagers. It is run by very dedicated priests.

For more information, contact Padre Juan Linares at Tel. 809 536-2880 or visit http://www.mdb.org.do

Also, the library of the school needs all sorts of help. The contact there is Padre Jesus Hernandez. Tel. 809 685-7667
His email is biblantisal@codetel.net.do

G

Grahame Bush

Geaorge,
I have recently rented out my old house in the centre of Puerto Plata to a school (very cheap rent because it is doing good for the comuunnity). The owner is ALWAYS looking for stuff for his students - pencils, colouring books, exercise books, crayons even calculators & computers would be acceptable to him.

If you - or anyone else for that matter - wishes to make donations of this type of equipment, I shall be pleased to ensure the TOTAL of what you send/bring in, goes to the school.
I know the owner would like to buy my property but I cannot afford to GIVE it to him & he cannot afford to BUY it yet. If anyone can come up with an idea as to how we can meet both peoples needs, I shall be MOST interested. How about DR1 contributors buying it & we can then call it Friends of DR1 school??? I'll chuck in the first US $10,000 by reducing the price & removing the estate agents fee!!!!

Although said in humour, this COULD be a serious thought!!??
Grahame Bush.