Delphines Aquatic Park near Juan Dolio

lumiere987

Jul 4, 2007
More to add to the Aquatic park. Live concerts with international entertainers will be organized. They will have restaurants with international dishes and national plates; fast food restaurants with Hamburgers, Pizza's, Ice Cream etc. as well as
the first Drive-in Movie Theater in the island!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Heard through the grapevine that the builders (Russians?) were short of cash, looking for financing and therefore the construction was slowed down.
A Drive-in? Interesting.
They will be starting a new project in Boca Chica this year, 200 apartments, 50 villas, shopping mall and movie THEATER.
It will be easier for the motoconchos to take the people to a theater than to a drive-in. ;)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, not the first drive-in. Maybe the only one NOW, but I went several times to the one in La Feria in Santo Domingo "back in the day". They had benches for people that didn't have cars. Closed a long time now.....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
More to add to the Aquatic park. Live concerts with international entertainers will be organized. They will have restaurants with international dishes and national plates; fast food restaurants with Hamburgers, Pizza's, Ice Cream etc. as well as
the first Drive-in Movie Theater in the island!

are you sure about this being the first Drive In theater? i mean, drive in theaters are dinosaurs..why now?

lumiere987

Jul 4, 2007
Good question. They do say that it is the first Drive In theater on the island on their website. AlterEgo on the previous post states that there was one in Santo Domingo. Well, maybe its like diners who almost disappeared in the United States and made a huge comeback. On their map of the project, they show the theater being located with the car parking lot in the back of the aquapark. Your question should be addressed to the website who has a contact e-mail Los Delfines Water & Entertainment Park - About us

Jun 18, 2007
Diners are retro, drive ins are not but then again who am I?
I always liked the drive ins when I was younger, always loved the dusk to dawn shows. We'll see what happens and especially when also a movie theater will be build in BC within the next 1-1,5 years.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
are you sure about this being the first Drive In theater? i mean, drive in theaters are dinosaurs..why now?[/QUOTE

I don't think that a drive in theater could be a success since Dominicans prefer the privacy of a caba?a...
Caba?as are definitely a success!

Dec 26, 2011
Diners are retro, drive ins are not but then again who am I?
I always liked the drive ins when I was younger, always loved the dusk to dawn shows. We'll see what happens and especially when also a movie theater will be build in BC within the next 1-1,5 years.

You're retro, aren't you, Frank? ;)

Jun 18, 2007
are you sure about this being the first Drive In theater? i mean, drive in theaters are dinosaurs..why now?[/QUOTE

I don't think that a drive in theater could be a success since Dominicans prefer the privacy of a caba?a...
Caba?as are definitely a success!

You might have a point there because in my younger days the drive ins were where we would perform our hanky panky. A buddy of mine had this Chevy van fully customized, even had a waterbed. We had lots of fun in that one. :bunny:

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
The big screen outdoor drive in theater is interesting, assuming they position it right to allow for late evening sunsets off the water's edge. In summer, with the late setting sun, a glare is highly likely. I am sure they have taken that into consideration.
Also, can't be viewed from the autopista or else....

Jun 18, 2007
The big screen outdoor drive in theater is interesting, assuming they position it right to allow for late evening sunsets off the water's edge. In summer, with the late setting sun, a glare is highly likely. I am sure they have taken that into consideration.
Also, can't be viewed from the autopista or else....

What about the bugs being attracted by the light?

lumiere987

Jul 4, 2007
If you look at the plan which is posted on their website, you can see that the planned movie theater is located in the back of the park, by the parking lot. Good question Frank...it ought to be a show just to look at the bugs!