Need reputable reasonable dentist in Santo Domingo

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Any advice would be appreciated. I will be staying in the Colonial Zone.

Perhaps Not much help from me, except to say avoid the newer dental office adjacent to the KFC on the Conde. The owner is a bit of a slippery expat (birth country withheld) who also owns apartahotel rooms across the way...ripped me off a a couple nights after a half a dozen trips staying at his place. So much for loyalty....not sure if he brought his award winning business skills with him (very possible as I managed Americas sales for a company based in his home country) or he developed his skills of attracting and retaining customers in country here in RD. More of an example typifying what's wrong with biz acumen in The RD than a true thief perhaps...but I would not trust my teeth to his Chica "wife" who he lets run the dental office.

However, i had a successful root canel done (quality of which was verified by my Boston dentist), for $140 US up in Villa Mella, but if your in the zona just in for a few days...May not be your deal as it is up in barrio land. If Interested pm me.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2012
I have a relative who got major dental work done... don't remember where thought I think in the capital. I'll check and post back next week

Dec 24, 2012
Bienvenido a Maxiloimplante.com

Dr. Juan Carlos Reyes

He will do my surgery next month. He is Dentist / Maxillo facial surgeon. I was told he is one of the best.

Thanks for the info, Mike. Dr. Reyes seems to have good recognitions. Would you be so kind to find out how much a molar implant costs with Dr. Reyes?

I spoke with my uncle today, he doesn't remember the exact clinic name but the dentist that implanted all of his teeth is called Humberto in San Cristobal, he also does operations in a clinic in SD. I'll find out more next week.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Regarding implants I was quoted too much ( I'm getting a cyst removed, for that he seems to be the right choice, implant prices I just asked him out of curiosity) I would go to Santiago for these

See Robert's thread:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/114769-my-teeth-my-dental-journey-photos-video.html

Thanks for the info, Mike. Dr. Reyes seems to have good recognitions. Would you be so kind to find out how much a molar implant costs with Dr. Reyes?

I spoke with my uncle today, he doesn't remember the exact clinic name but the dentist that implanted all of his teeth is called Humberto in San Cristobal, he also does operations in a clinic in SD. I'll find out more next week.

Last edited: