Need return ticket??

dumbusername

Jul 6, 2012
I'm flying to PUJ within the next few days. I'm not exactly sure when I want to come back - thus I don't really want to purchase a return ticket right away. I had some luck last year... just told a white lie to the airline and gave a false return date/airline info. However my last flight to DR the jetblue attendent insisted upon seeing my return info (which I did have but not on me... and isnt it in their damn computer anyway). WELL... that being said. I'd rather not lie at all. I'm considering seeking my residency while I'm there - my hubby is a citizen. Anybody know of any options? Is there a way to get out of presenting proof of return travel?

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
All foreigners should have a return tickets, exept those who live there permanently and have their local documents. It may be verified by airline at check in, in DR nobody cares.

OutdoorFreedom

Dec 24, 2012
However my last flight to DR the jetblue attendent insisted upon seeing my return info (which I did have but not on me... and isnt it in their damn computer anyway). WELL... that being said. I'd rather not lie at all. I'm considering seeking my residency while I'm there - my hubby is a citizen. Anybody know of any options? Is there a way to get out of presenting proof of return travel?
I don't have an option for you but I do have a low cost idea. Search kayak.com. Book a return flight out for several month and to Fort Lauderdale or Orlando. Cost is less than $150. (It is what I plan to do.)
I think all you need is a return out of the DR. Not a return to place of original origin.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
If you are ultimately going for residency begin the process in the US, you will get a temporary visa glued into your passport; you then have 60 days to go to Santo Domingo to continue the process.

In this way, you don't need a return ticket; nor do you need a tourist card.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Buy a refundable return ticket. Cancel it when you get to the dr. It costs more but you will get your money back.