Why are they like this?

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Why are they like this? Why do they play music all night long and act middle class?

Why do they show off at the mall like their s-t doesn't stink?

Why are the men so feminine? The other night at the mall I saw young Dominican

gays with bow ties with no shirts on...acting all gay and sissy...

Why do they trap foreigners in these "middle class" areas which are nothing more

than ghettos with high buildings?

If I scrap all this and move myself to the other side of the city, like zona oriental

for example, do I have to fear for my safety?

please tell me the whole city is not like Piantini, their "high end area"

This has got to be a joke!

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
Why are they like this? Why do they play music all night long and act middle class?

Why do they trap foreigners in these "middle class" areas which are nothing more

If I scrap all this and move myself to the other side of the city, like zona oriental

sad but true.you are safer in a barrio where all the tigeres live than in a lot of so called up market places. i have lived charamecos,.tablon,maranata,la pulga,haina etc etc etc.
you know the only place i got robbed?????
BAVARO!!!!! sad but true.

pdmlynek

Sep 27, 2012

Dear businessDR--

I've read your questions about 3 times, but I am at a loss to understand what it is that you are trying to say. Can you please re-write your concerns into a posting that others can understand? Is there a story here that I am missing?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003

Must be new here huh guy? The D.R. is one big dirty barrio... ive said it since the day I stepped off that damn American Airlines flight 16 yrs ago and that damn "smell of the D.R." hit me in the face like a heavyweight fighter. It doesnt matter what end of the country you're in, it's all the same crap.... disrespectful wanna be's that just want to try and take advantage of you from the get go.

Piantini?? My friend, you're in the lap of luxury right there... doesnt get much better in the whole D.R..... Not sure what was going on in the mall the other day but this country has one of the highest rates of gay men ive ever seen in any other country/city other than puerto rico and NYC.

and what does homophobia have anything to do with it??? Why is it that the moment someone mentions the gays someone has to mention homophobia.

Not enjoying the site of grown men prance around like little girls IS NOT HOMOPHOBIA, its being a normal nonfreak human!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's obvious from reading your post the DR is not the place for you.Some people cannot
adjust to the culture.My advice to you:Just leave and find yourself another country to live
where you will be most happy.

Dec 26, 2011
Not enjoying the site of grown men prance around like a little girl IS NOT HOMOPHOBIA, its being normal!

Firstly, most gays don't "prance around". Secondly, what's upsetting about seeing those that do? If you're a straight guy, your odds with the ladies go up with every gay guy that's not "competing" with you. What's the big deal?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
rant thread... completely meaningless but makes you feel better getting it off your chest! Awaiting the close hammer!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Firstly, most gays don't "prance around". Secondly, what's upsetting about seeing those that do? If you're a straight guy, your odds with the ladies go up with every gay guy that's not "competing" with you. What's the big deal?

You're correct. Gay men that act like what they are, MEN, dont bother me. The flamboyacy
(is it a word) is just disgusting. Its not about having less competition its about being what you are, a man or a woman. Its not so much upsetting as it is just incredibly creepy, and sad. Sad because they were born like that and cant change it.

Dec 26, 2011
You're correct. Gay men that act like what they are, MEN, dont bother me. The flamboyacy
(is it a word) is just disgusting. Its not about having less competition its about being what you are, a man or a woman. Its not so much upsetting as it is just incredibly creepy, and sad. Sad because they were born like that and cant change it.

It's the obnoxiousness that bothers? I get that. Bothers a lot of gays too I'll bet. But they're just being themselves. No need to let that ruin your day. Better to live in a society where a flamboyant queen can prance through the mall like Tinkerbell than in one where he'd be executed for it.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Stay and give them hell? That's not good advice.It is not like the USA,no such thing
as justice.Anybody that comes here giving hell will find themselves shipped back to
where they came from in a body bag.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
in the DR you will find that there is no correlation between material wealth and civilized behavior. yesterday, i witnessed the gathering of a large group of friends and associates, for their weekly sunday afternoon meet and greet. the guys rode up on Ducatis, Harleys, and the latest Japanese rice rockets. those on four wheels were in Land Rovers, Bimmers and Benzes, and the rest of the expensive exemplars of automotive jewelry. one guy immediately popped the liftgate of a Lexus 450, and started melting down the surroundings with 170 decibels of reggaeton. the Johnny Black was flowing, and the damsels were gaily bedight in the latest fashions from Nueva Yol and Mayami. when they left, the area they occupied looked like a sanitation truck had exploded there. garbage everywhere. they just threw styrofoam cups, and styrofoam plates, and potato chip bags, you name it, where they sat. it has nothing to do with material trappings. it is cultural.

Dec 26, 2011
in the DR you will find that there is no correlation between material wealth and civilized behavior. yesterday, i witnessed the gathering of a large group of friends and associates, for their weekly sunday afternoon meet and greet. the guys rode up on Ducatis, Harleys, and the latest Japanese rice rockets. those on four wheels were in Land Rovers, Bimmers and Benzes, and the rest of the expensive exemplars of automotive jewelry. one guy immediately popped the liftgate of a Lexus 450, and started melting down the surroundings with 170 decibels of reggaeton. the Johnny Black was flowing, and the damsels were gaily bedight in the latest fashions from Nueva Yol and Mayami. when they left, the area they occupied looked like a sanitation truck had exploded there. garbage everywhere. they just threw styrofoam cups, and styrofoam plates, and potato chip bags, you name it, where they sat. it has nothing to do with material trappings. it is cultural.

Or what social psychologists refer to as hoorayformephuckyouism.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

A very sad reality...

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Joke

Yes, your post is a joke!
This place is not for you.

Dec 26, 2011
I want you to watch this video, OP. Lock yourself in your room. Sit through it. Have a brown sandwich bag on hand to help you if you begin to hyperventilate. You can do this!

[video=youtube;WCUfkMkVbwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCUfkMkVbwo[/video]