Transport from santo domingo to samana??

Benassy31

Sep 15, 2012
Hey everyone.I'll arrive in santo domingo at 6:05 pm and i want a good fast transportation to Samana ( los pasquales projecto) .Does anyone know wich company should i try to find? I found Caribe Tour but they have departures just in morning and at most 4 pm when is to early. And if is not posible after 6;pm please tell me how much should i pay for a taxi to get me there? I know they ask much for foreigners. Thanks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

Unfortunately you will not find any buses running at that time of day. If your plane is on time it will probably take you 45-60 minutes to through customs and get out of the airport. A taxi to Samana will probably run you around $180-200 US dollars. It is about a 3 hour ride at night. You can do a couple of things. Stay overnight near the airport at the Quality Inn. Then take a Caribe Bus to Samana in the morning or have a taxi pick you up at the airport and head for Samana. Either way when you factor in the overall costs it is about the same amount of money. If it is possible to have someone at the Samana end to make arrangements for a taxi to meet you at the airport is SD I would do that. If you try to get a taxi to go from the airport to Samana without making arrangements in advance may cost you well over $200usdollars. Buenos suarte

LTSteve

Mr_Traveler

Dec 2, 2010
Which Samana are you referring to: province, town, or the whole peninsula?

If I want to go to Las Galeras from SD, should I take Caribe Tours? Or would some other bus service get there faster?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Which Samana are you referring to: province, town, or the whole peninsula?

If I want to go to Las Galeras from SD, should I take Caribe Tours? Or would some other bus service get there faster?

Take Caribe Tours to Samana (city) and a taxi or public transportation the rest of the way.

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Transport from Santo Domingo Airport to Samana

As others are saying in these posts, a TAXI will cost you about $175 to $200 USD from the Santo Domingo Airport to the Hotels or Resorts in the Samana region.

The Resort you are mentionning "LAS PASCUALAS RESORT - EL PROYECTO" is located about 12 Kilometers from Samana City.

If you choose to reserved a TAXI in advance of your travelling, i think that would be best.

Here in Samana City we have many TAXI drivers who speaks English and that are promoting taxi services transfers from and to all Airports in Dominican Republic.

Here is a few reliable names :

OPTIMA TAXI Samana
Emilio de Los Santos

FIVE STARS TAXI Samana
Zoilo Quezada

PREMIA TAXI Samana
Luis Devers

All have Web Pages or Facebook Pages.

Best to contact them, confirm exact prices and pick-up time at Airport.

JON
Living resident of Samana City