Hello all!

Katharina Loock

Jan 2, 2013
A good New Year 2013 to you all!

I have been lurking on the dr1 forum for a while, but thought it time to introduce myself: female - German - and looking for the ideal spot to spend the next 30 years (okay maybe 10 or 20, no sense being overly optimistic).

I work on Cruise ships, and have visited much of the world. Have lived and worked in so diverse places as the US and Guatemala. I am not looking forward to retirement in Europe or the US and therefore have been exploring alternatives for the last 5 years.

The DR is starting to look like a good bet, and I will be visiting for the first time next week - I am really looking forward to it! I will probaby start asking a lot of questions once I have had a bit of a look around.

Katharina

PS: No sense telling me to first rent for 6 months to a year before moving somewhere - as I wrote, I am working at sea, and only ever "home" for weeks to a few months at the moment.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Carnival Cruise Line is in the process of building a cruise ship port in Puerto Plata I believe.
Maybe you can get a job on Tierra Firma before you retire for good.
There are some good German sausge makers on the North Coast, so you won't starve!
Just bring your own "Kraut", or be ready to make your own!
Cris Colon

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
"Bem vinda" welcome to the forum;),you can try to spend a few weeks vacation in the area of Samama, I was told that there is a large community of Germans (and other nationals) in the town of Las Terrenas. Wherever you go you will certainly enjoy the island.
JT

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
Welcome Katharina and enjoy and heed the words of Cris Colon he is one of the best, and most amusing, sources of genuine facts and figures.