Cigars

D

Doug

I am going to Peurto Plata in Feb/2002 and I would like to avoid the frustration I experienced last January (in Punta Cana)regarding purchasing of Dominiacan Cigars.I COULD NOT FIND ANY TO BUY!!!! I wanted to but several boxes of D.R. cigars but I could only find cheap Cuban knock offs. I would like to know if I could visit a factory and buy boxes of Real Dominican cigars?
Any help out there?

Doug

M

Mary Kohn

We visited a great cigar factory in July! It's not in Puerto Plata. Probably depends on how far you're willing to travel to get quality Dominican Cigars. Otherwise, there are other places.
Anybody else got any suggestions?

D

DR1

The most famous Dominican brand cigars are for export only. Note they are manufactured in export free zones.

There are less known great cigars manufactured here. One knowledgeable person, who posts regularly on this board as Hillbilly, for sure can guide you to discovering great cigars on your trip.

Email him at hillbilly@dominicancigars.com

S

Sofy's B&B

Agree DR1... Hillbilly and then as a second choice here in Puerto Plata... excellent cigars sold under brand name: Don Roberto.... You can e-mail me for more information, but if you plan to be in Puerto Plata, then just contact us...P.S. presently smoking cigars from Hillbilly and are super... Cheers

S

Squeezz- me

Racist Cigars

People who smoke Dominican Cigars are racist. Smoke Haitian cigars instead.