Need Help!!...

AdriLorena

Jan 5, 2013
La Paz, Bolivia
Hi, well, the thing is that my husband is going to meet me at Santo Domingo, but he's arriving from Haiti by Bus, but I'm arriving to the Las Americas Airport and I've been searching info about how much does it cost to get to the colonial zone from the airport, and I've seen that it is around 40$us... a bit expensive, so I was wondering if there is an other wey to get to the colonial zone from the airport... a cheaper way

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hi, well, the thing is that my husband is going to meet me at Santo Domingo, but he's arriving from Haiti by Bus, but I'm arriving to the Las Americas Airport and I've been searching info about how much does it cost to get to the colonial zone from the airport, and I've seen that it is around 40$us... a bit expensive, so I was wondering if there is an other wey to get to the colonial zone from the airport... a cheaper way

Not really. You'll be coming with luggage, I assume. Taxi is your best and safest, unless you know somebody in SD who will come and pick you up.

This has been asked before and the consensus advice has been to take the taxi.

Taxis everywhere from airports tend to be expensive. In Sosua they charge $25 to come from the Puerto Plate airport and that is small fraction of the distance you will be traveling.

Since you are coming from Bolivia, use your language skills to try for a reduced price

Welcome to DR1, by the way. I read your other post and will use this one to kill 2 birds.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Unfortunately, there are no buses that pick people up at the airport for a ride into the city. Unless you want to put your thumb out you will need to take a taxi. Try contacting your hotel. Perhaps they could arrange a taxi pick up for you.

LTSteve

Taca?o

Dec 30, 2012

Yes there is, you should already have somebody asking around for you in El Conde for a cab who's willing to pick you up for 1000 DOP.