Santiago Tardiff Orphanage 2013

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, I thought that it would be best for clarity & focus to start a new thread for this year. Yesterday was the 13th English class which as always was well received. The kids have a lot of new clothes and toys thanks to the most excellent efforts of the DR1 members. We had a discussion with the older kids about what they wanted to be when they grow up. Business Manager the most often mentioned but that choice appeared to be based on the assumption that they would be the Boss with a lot of money. I explained the real scope of work there were puzzled faces. Doctor was also popular but when I explained the reading and science aspects involved all but Nena changed their minds. I had my lawyer come explain to in simple terms the education and actual work last year. I have tentatively lined up a Doctora to explain that field.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, bring in a dentist to give free exams and explain dental health and careers as well. Lots of dental students in Santiago.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, The Teacher and I went to the Orphanage last night for a "Tea" which was a meeting of the Board. The English class for today had to be canceled because the kids are going to be in La Vega all day at an activity. One of the Board pledged to pay for any plumbing work that needs to be done. Another Board member is trying to get a large plot of land with an old building from Corrassan in the same neighborhood.

hofjseph

Feb 2, 2013
Another Board member is trying to get a large plot of land with an old building from Corrassan in the same neighborhood.

11.jpg

12.jpg