Playero raffle

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Anyone know who won the car in the draw today?

I dropped my cellphone in the sea a couple of days ago so am hoping that they have just been having trouble getting hold of me to tell me the good news :classic:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Anyone know who won the car in the draw today?

I dropped my cellphone in the sea a couple of days ago so am hoping that they have just been having trouble getting hold of me to tell me the good news :classic:

William from Rocky's won the car and will pick it up in 3 days.

I have never seen any male employees at Rocky's so I am curious what his job descripton is.

Either way it will be interesting to see if he keeps the car or sells it !

gonzo two

Banned
Jan 13, 2010
thats nice I feel a bit guilty when a gringo wins, can he Drive ? I have seen him around

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Interesting that they post the guy's picture, cedula, address, and phone number...you know...the guy who just won a brand new car! I think he may get a visit or two...

Glad I didn't win!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Maybe Playero could rectify the error of posting his id info by purchasing auto theft insurance for him.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Show me the money...........

Can you imagine Rocky's bill @ Playero??

I couldn't be bothered to fill out the forms

Last edited:

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
peso_1000_l.jpg

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007

Can you imagine Rocky's bill @ Playero??

I couldn't be bothered to fill out the forms

I had a customized rubber stamp made that fills in all the blanks spaces on the ticket

The ink pad is still good 3 years later

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
According to my husband who is from Sosua, the gentlemen who won the car is a motoconcho in town. Maybe he can be a taxi driver now..:p

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Playero also gave away other great prizes I'm sure the locals would enjoy like new appliances ie refridgerators, washing machines, microwaves, toasters, pots pans and even a blender for tropical drinks .

Great Christmas Spirit in Sosua, but it's time to store the decorations and trees for next year and find a new printer for those raffle tickets...lol

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I remember hearing that someone used a rubber stamp on raffle tickets for Tropical in Puerto Plata - and they were disqualified when the ticket was pulled. Not sure if it is true, just what I heard a while back.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I remember hearing that someone used a rubber stamp on raffle tickets for Tropical in Puerto Plata - and they were disqualified when the ticket was pulled. Not sure if it is true, just what I heard a while back.

That does not sound logical in a country that has more stamps than anywhere else I've seen

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
That does not sound logical in a country that has more stamps than anywhere else I've seen

My cleaning lady mentioned it to me while she was working one day. I wonder if it was someone who had put a passport number (no c?dula) on the stamp - and the passport number changed when it was renewed.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
My cleaning lady mentioned it to me while she was working one day. I wonder if it was someone who had put a passport number (no c?dula) on the stamp - and the passport number changed when it was renewed.

Probabally true but I spoke to the judges and the only thing they care about is your ID