Hola todos!

El Ni?o bonito

Jan 8, 2013
Hi my name is Ashelly. I am a 16 year old boy living in the united states. I am from nueva york but i currently live in atlanta georgia. I decided to join the forum because i have always liked the dominican culture and would love to know more about you guy's way of life. I am of mixed spanish and black origin. I am very passionate as to learning another language and already have some spanish speaking ability but just learning phrases is not enough. I would be more than happy to have a conversation with you all and return the favor but helping someone with their english. I am looking forward to having fun being apart of all this.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Good For You!
You just may be DR1's youngest member!
I learned Spanish by, speaking Spanish,listening to Spanish radio and TV, singing along to Spanish songs,reading Spanish books, and writing in Spanish.
It's called "Total Immersion". It helped me a LOT!
It doesn't even matter if you understand what you are saying,reading, writing, or anything you are "doing".
You WILL!
You are training your brain to program in Spanish.
I know there are a lot of native Spanish speakers in Atlanta, see if you can find a "Language Buddy" among them to "train" with you.
Most of the posters on DR1 are native English speakers, or Spanish speakers who also speak English.
We can cover both bases.
Cris Colon

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Good For You!
You just may be DR1's youngest member!
I learned Spanish by, speaking Spanish,listening to Spanish radio and TV, singing along to Spanish songs,reading Spanish books, and writing in Spanish.
It's called "Total Immersion". It helped me a LOT!
It doesn't even matter if you understand what you are saying,reading, writing, or anything you are "doing".
You WILL!
You are training your brain to program in Spanish.
I know there are a lot of native Spanish speakers in Atlanta, see if you can find a "Language Buddy" among them to "train" with you.
Most of the posters on DR1 are native English speakers, or Spanish speakers who also speak English.
We can cover both bases.
If you go to the "General Forum" here on DR1, you will find a thread titled, "Spanish 101", you can get all your "Spanish Language" questions answered right there.
Best of luck, and "Bienvenido Abordo"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cris Colon
aka., CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hello and Welcome Ashelly, its always great to me and exchange thoughts with someone new to the site, that also loves Dominican culture, and you seem to be a good person too. Best of luck and hope you enjoy coming back to Dr1 again and again. God bless,
Biggs