US Woman, 30s, Non-Smoking Seeking long-term rental in Cabarete or Sosua

Hannah Wiley

Jan 9, 2013
Hi everybody!

I am looking for leads/tips/suggestions on a rental property for myself, either in Sosua or Cabarete (ideally close to tennis courts:squareeye ). I will be living by myself, and will mainly be working (online) and hopefully relaxing from time to time.

My main requirements are: internet, furnished, windows & exterior light. Of course views are a major plus!!

My budget is $300-400/month depending on location, amenities, etc.

I am responsible and muy tranquila. No parties, clean, respectful....The renter of everyone's dreams! ;-)

I will be arriving in January (this week or next).

Thanks very much in advance for any leads or suggestions.

Last edited:

Hannah Wiley

Jan 9, 2013
Forgot to say that I am looking to stay 3-6 months, and possibly longer. I would prefer a month-to-month rental.

Hannah Wiley

Jan 9, 2013
After reading a very helpful post by DRob, Cabrera sounds great to me too!

Basically looking for a nice, safe area, with an international crowd along with locals, where I can walk to the beach and to tennis courts or hotels with tennis courts (that let outsiders rent). I speak Spanish fluently, so language isn't an issue. Gracias!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
From what I have seen, 300-400 a month seems to be a little tight if you want a view, wifi and good amenities in Las Terrenas.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
You may find rent like that in some barrio with a tin roof. I do not think you will be able to find your dream home here at that price. Sorry the facts are facts.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
From what I have seen, 300-400 a month seems to be a little tight if you want a view, wifi and good amenities in Las Terrenas.

$300-400 per month for a month to month rent is "tight" in the Sosua/ Cabarete area also. Especially if one expects a safe/ secure area, wifi, amenities etc. What about electric? That alone could easily be 1/4 of the proposed rental budget. There are so many misconceptions about realistic living expenses here.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Cabrera is just wonderful, but i guess it depends on the kind of people you wish to associate with.

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
Hi everybody!

I am looking for leads/tips/suggestions on a rental property for myself, either in Sosua or Cabarete (ideally close to tennis courts:squareeye ). I will be living by myself, and will mainly be working (online) and hopefully relaxing from time to time.

My main requirements are: internet, furnished, windows & exterior light. Of course views are a major plus!!

My budget is $300-400/month depending on location, amenities, etc.

I am responsible and muy tranquila. No parties, clean, respectful....The renter of everyone's dreams! ;-)

I will be arriving in January (this week or next).

Thanks very much in advance for any leads or suggestions.

https://www.airbnb.com/

Hannah Wiley

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks for everybody's feedback so far. It's always good to get feedback from people in "the trenches", so to speak.

Hannah Wiley

Jan 9, 2013
From what I can tell, very nice 2 bedrooms with fantastic amenities are renting for around $700-900. So looking for a studio or 1 bedroom for around half that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, now does it? Thing is, usually 2 bedrooms are rented out by 2 people. I am one people. Do the math people. (Forum poetry ;-) )

As for my "dream home", it would probably cost me about $10,000 per month or more...And I will be happy to pay that. One day! For the moment, I am just looking for something safe and nice for one person that is within my current budget.

Thanks for the PMs and infos sent so far.

Abrazos!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you rent a 2 bedroom, after a month or so, you might find a woman with your values,activities,life style, and take a roommate?????
Just a thought.
Cris Colon

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you rent a 2 bedroom, after a month or so, you might find a woman with your values,activities,life style, and take a roommate?????
Just a thought.
Cris Colon

i am astonished that you have not yet extended your kindness and invited her to share your bedroom, on mutually acceptable terms. have i given you an idea?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
First of all, I have too much respect for women to suggest such an idea!!!!
Shame on YOU!
Second, she wishes to live "North Shore", not "SD"!
Thirdly, she is much too old for a man like me.
I like my women 18 to 23 years old.
Fourth, she is most likely a "White Lady", and I like my "Coffee", "A Lait", and easy on the "LAIT!"
Fifth, I'm already "committed" to a beautiful white woman on the North Shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(A Threesome Does CUM to Mind??)
Are THOSE reasons enough???
That said,?????????????????????????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
My neighbor here at Playa Encuentro in Cabarete is looking to rent his large 1BR furnished apt...with a huge balcony with a great ocean view. He's asking $500/month, but will probably take less, maybe $400)...internet is not included but available for about $50/mo.

If you're interested I will PM you his details...

(I'm sorry if this violates DR1 rules, as he does not have an ad here...delete if necessary...)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
First of all, I have too much respect for women to suggest such an idea!!!!
Shame on YOU!
Second, she wishes to live "North Shore", not "SD"!
Thirdly, she is much too old for a man like me.
I like my women 18 to 23 years old.
Fourth, she is most likely a "White Lady", and I like my "Coffee", "A Lait", and easy on the "LAIT!"
Fifth, I'm already "committed" to a beautiful white woman on the North Shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(A Threesome Does CUM to Mind??)
Are THOSE reasons enough???
That said,?????????????????????????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sorry, CC; i stand corrected. now don't try to have us believe that the thought did not at least cross your mind!