Remembering the Earthquake of January 12, 2010

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
With all that has happened since, let us all take a moment to remember and honor the lives of all those who lost thier lives in the earthquake three years ago today.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Je me souviens...

Ever since this devastating day three years ago, I have been following the situation in Haiti regarding the rebuilding projects. Such a tragic event that changed the lives of many Haitians in a matter of seconds. May those who are involved in the projects find a way to bring some stability back to the country asap.

Haitians still await rebuilding after 2010 quake - World - CBC News

-MP.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
What confuses me is....

There's a lot of money raised, like with the tsunami disaster.
Where did it go?
And why don't things progress rapidly ?

I'm probably the only one........ Not LMAO

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
What confuses me is....

There's a lot of money raised, like with the tsunami disaster.
Where did it go?
And why don't things progress rapidly ?

I'm probably the only one........ Not LMAO

Yes, millions pledged and its really horrible that alot of countries have not come through with their promises. Disgusting!!!!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
It is important to understand many of the pledges had conditions such as requiring a stable government before the funds can be released so the pledges go into the right hands. Throwing money at a situation does not guarantee an improved outcome.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Three years gone by already. Well the news I get is that good progress is made as a load of the Haitians that live around here and work the construction are making plans to head back over the next few months. As far as the money goes, I don't think that would be a factor in holding things up, more money to keep track of would have simply confused issues even more, had more people accusing and more people defending rather than getting on with the job in hand. Still, thinking back it seems like yesterday we were dealing with the mass of volunteers arriving to find a way over there.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There are some positive news stories out there. The Be like Brit orphanage had its dedication last week. This is a heartwarming story about a man and his wife who lost their daughter, Brittany, in the earthquake. She was in Haiti volunteering at orphanage at the time. Check out their story on facebook or google Be like Brit.