Hotel for traveling baseball team

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Good day North Coasters. My son's (he's actually Dominican, I live in Santiago) H.S. baseball team is coming down to the D.R. from Berkshire Mass. and will be playing some games on the North Coast the beginning of March. Their coach has asked me if I have any hotel recommendations. Keep in mind we are talking about roughly 16 or so boys in their high teens. I am assuming an AI would probably be the best ticket as they will have prodigious appetites and the coach will not want the responsibility of figuring out meals for them each day. He will have his hands full with the open bar though :cheeky:. So, if you have any recommendations please let me know. Many thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Will they be coming to Santiago??? Need some games???

Is this Berkshire Acadamy?

HB

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Will they be coming to Santiago??? Need some games???

Is this Berkshire Acadamy?

HB

Yessir. It is indeed Berkshire,and they will be playing a couple of games in Santiago and then off to P.P. They are lined up to play against Polonia, Micalo, and 1430 here in Santiago.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Cabarete = Wyndham Tangerine
Rio San Juan = Bahia Principe
Cabrera = Hotel La Catalina
Samana = Gran Bahia Principe

What other cities are they visiting?

Thank you. I think they are looking in P.P. or Sosua though...any thoughts?

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Casa Marina Reef or Beach in Sosua are other options. good central location... Except for the questionable outside nightlife.
Still, the beaches there are great and the atmosphere very beautiful. I've stayed there on many occasions, but not with a young
Baseball team, Ha! Ha!
Check it out!

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Thank you very much for the recommendations. One of the Managers is coming down with his wife and looking for something non-all inclusive and low key in Sosua as well.....any thoughts?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yessir. It is indeed Berkshire,and they will be playing a couple of games in Santiago and then off to P.P. They are lined up to play against Polonia, Micalo, and 1430 here in Santiago.

Luis Polinia's academy of near pros? That should be interesting....Micalo has a team along the same lines. A whole different class of baseball....

HB

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Luis Polinia's academy of near pros? That should be interesting....Micalo has a team along the same lines. A whole different class of baseball....

HB

Yup. My son played in and against these leagues for the last few years. He laughs every time we talk about the trip and the rude awakening some of his teammates are in for.:laugh: