Some British are joining the Dumbinican league....

Feb 7, 2007
So not only SOME Dominicans are Dumbinicans, looks like SOME British are joining the league as well.

When you see WARNING sign, jeez... be careful, do not enter! ... else you bear the risk of...FALLING on your a$$
Duke Street Hazard - Official - YouTube

It gets really funny from 2 min onwards *

* Yep it's not funny hurting oneself, but it's funny when you decide to IGNORE the warning because you are a big macho man (or woman) and at the end, you are just a frikin bimbo

Last edited:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
well thats not really a warning sign is it ? and the other option is to get run over by traffic- people leave those cones in all sorts of places , it doesnt mean there is a hazard there =they could have put tape across or thrown some sand down

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
6192439116_ebc34f6425.jpg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you have spent anytime in the UK, you would know they have safety cones all over the place and not necessarily to prevent people accessing a part of the street etc.

This video could have been taking anywhere with icy streets and I have no doubt the outcome would be the same.

Feb 7, 2007
well thats not really a warning sign is it ? and the other option is to get run over by traffic- people leave those cones in all sorts of places , it doesnt mean there is a hazard there =they could have put tape across or thrown some sand down

And that's exactly the point .... why didn't the authorities / public works do anything about it? There is a discussion going on in British media after the youtube video made the mainstream press ... exactly that question: why wasn't something done about that part of the sidewalk, the authorities had to know there was a danger, when they put those cones there ....

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
work shoes with leather and snow dont mix, I know that ....I was the only one in wellingtons going to work in manchester

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
And that's exactly the point .... why didn't the authorities / public works do anything about it? There is a discussion going on in British media after the youtube video made the mainstream press ... exactly that question: why wasn't something done about that part of the sidewalk, the authorities had to know there was a danger, when they put those cones there ....

Ok, but what does that have to do with Dumbinicans?

I'm sure 1,000's of spots have a similar problem with ice. Just like black ice on the roads etc.

Feb 7, 2007
Ok, but what does that have to do with Dumbinicans?

I'm sure 1,000's of spots have a similar problem with ice. Just like black ice on the roads etc.

Well... it's a clown bin ... it was meant to show dumb people exist anywhere ... heck in my country some people ordered moonshine booze online from the Czech Republic that arrived in a 5-gallon plastic container even AFTER tens of methanol-perfected-booze victims there and they actually drank it (of course they ended up in the hospital semi-blind)

Point is, please don't get upset just because you're British! It just happened that it was filmed in Britain and it made worldwide press. It could have been anywhere.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't they use salt and sand in the UK. We plaster out streets and sidewalks with it in winter.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I think you guys miss the idea of this exercise. Students throwing down a bucket of water and moving some redundant cones just to see how many people ignore them. We used to do this at school, when we were little bastards. 30 minutes before class ends ask to go to the loo, fill a bucket with water and throw it down outside the playground gates and see how many of our class mates bones we could break, kids are quite horrid at times, especially when it's your gran that gets caught out.

There are usually yellow grit chests all over the place and people seem to just help themselves.
You have to know that when the UK freezes each time it is as though no one has ever seen snow or ice before and the country goes into hysterical meltdown and authorities while preparing for the end of the world have little time to grit the streets, and when they do you would rather they hadn't as no one seems to have been trained in the use of these vehicles, more so some kind of industrial vehicle sandblaster, they cause more damage in parked vehicle paint stripping than they ever do in reducing accidents.