Haiti's Treasures: Out of the Rubble

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Flipping around the channels today, and came across this program on the Smithsonian Channel: Haiti's Treasures: Out of the Rubble. Half hour show, worth the watch.

Found a little cut of it on youtube:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kE8LdzX09wM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
good training for the Smithsonian

not of much use to Haiti .. whose art work flows like water

but amazing that they would post it. I think that they would be a bit ashamed to post it.

but that is always the question. my mother was an artist and it was always the most important thing. save the art! I traveld around for years with a collection til li finally gave it to a museum.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
i am taking a leap and assuming that was a real question and not just a cheap shot

Celebrated art of Haiti is buried under rubble | World news | The Guardian

Given his post after yours, I'd say, sadly, your assumption is incorrect, Annie. Ironically, using the exclamation point might indicate he was wowed by the treasures... as in "What Treasures! ... They are so beautiful." I'm sure the subtle nuance of proper punctuation is far beyond his comprehension.

Feb 17, 2013
Given his post after yours, I'd say, sadly, your assumption is incorrect, Annie. Ironically, using the exclamation point might indicate he was wowed by the treasures... as in "What Treasures! ... They are so beautiful." I'm sure the subtle nuance of proper punctuation is far beyond his comprehension.

And Haiti is just the place to learn proper punctuation too !

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
And Haiti is just the place to learn proper punctuation too !

Dude nobody understands what you're trying to say when everything you say has an exclamation point at the end and the context is neither a question or a statement. Are you that excited about everything you say?

I can just imagine how you talk in real life..."Go to the movies ! A Presidente vestida de novia ! Like Bachata ! " :confused::confused::confused::confused: