Landing in SDQ, geting to Punta Cana....

xorissabearxo

Jan 24, 2013
My husband and I are heading to Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana in about a week. We are flying into SDQ airport and we have no idea how to get to our resort. We have heard it takes about 3.5 hours, but we don't know of a reliable method of transportation or where to go. Can anyone help us? Where do we go once we've landed? What do we do? Any help is appreciated...

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
Hi, you will need a reliable taxi driver for pick up and the return to airport. Not that big of a deal where are you coming from?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Takes about half that now. Are you renting?

Under 2 hours to PC from SD. Really??! Wow i better clock it next time i go because i have done it a few times in past 3 months and drive over the speed limit, but not crazy and stills seems 2.5 easy

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From the city itself it depends on the traffic getting out, but from the peaje/airport to the Punta Cana roundabout we have done it in just under 2 hours. For the OP, allow another 15 mins or so to the Paradisus.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Why in the world would you fly into Santo Domingo when you have Punta Cana airport 30 minutes away from your hotel. I would contact the hotel and see if they can arrange transportation for you or you can get a taxi at the airport but it will cost you I would guestimate about a minimum of $150usd. Good luck.

LTSteve

Dec 26, 2011
Chiri: Spot on. About two hours to the resort from SDQ.

Why in the world would you fly into Santo Domingo when you have Punta Cana airport 30 minutes away from your hotel. I would contact the hotel and see if they can arrange transportation for you or you can get a taxi at the airport but it will cost you I would guestimate about a minimum of $150usd. Good luck.

LTSteve

Exactly. The money you might have saved flying into SDQ over PUJ will quickly evaporate in ground transportation costs, especially if you use a taxi.

xorissabearxo

Jan 24, 2013
My husband thought he was saving money by using ground transportation instead of flying directly there. We are coming from Ohio and we're only going to be there for a week so we don't want to rent a car, just want to try and find a reliable way to get to our resort. How do we know which taxi's are reliable?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
For a driver in Punta Cana, many members here have recommended Bronly de Jesus. We've used his company IBK Servicios a couple of times for getting to Las Americas airport and back from Punta Cana and have been satisfied with the service and price.

index
ibkservicios@gmail.com
809 299 0582

monster4work

Jan 1, 2013
My husband and I are heading to Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana in about a week. We are flying into SDQ airport and we have no idea how to get to our resort. We have heard it takes about 3.5 hours, but we don't know of a reliable method of transportation or where to go. Can anyone help us? Where do we go once we've landed? What do we do? Any help is appreciated...

Contact Cocotours.com, these are a well established company who provide reliable service at competitive rates and daily transport people from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Talking about time.... We made it from Cabarete to Bavaro in 4 hours 30 mins. Making stops at gas station. On the way back it was 4 hr 20 mins. Depends on driving skills.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They would have to take a taxi from the airport to the Expreso B?varo stop in SD, providing the flight arrives early enough.Then they would have to take another taxi from the bus stop in Ver?n or Friusa to their hotel.

The information in that link is out of date - the journey is shorter now and the bus doesn't make a stop. Expreso B?varo has a Facebook page, but it is not administered effectively.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I repeat. Contact your hotel and they will arrange to have someone pick you up. It is not that difficult.

LTSteve

xorissabearxo

Jan 24, 2013
Thanks everyone, I'll call our resort and see if we can make arrangements to be picked up at the airport. If not, we'll go from there and try to find a taxi/bus and get ahold of someone.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
you might even consider changing your flight. between the transportation cost, and the time wasted, if you can find a good flight and decent fare, it might be worth the change fee ... sometimes they pop up at the last minute. just another option.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Honestly, if you still can I would pay the fee and change my flight to arrive in Punta Cana. You will end up paying more than that for ground transportation. Don't be foolish. Your trip will be more enjoyable.

LTSteve