Negligent Vet warning : Los Corales (Please read!!)

tortuga101

Jan 26, 2013
This article concerns : Clinica Veterinaria/ vetenarian hygia Pecoris Dra. Blanca medina Garrido hygiapecoris@codetel.net.do 809-529-6585 / 809-815-5876

My contact details:
Name: Marcos Lopez
Contact phone 829-962-7012
Email: islabonita101@gmail.com

The following Articles details how my 4 Rottweiler Puppies died due to the negligence of Dra. Blanca Medina Garrido:

I used to think Blanca was one of the best vets around, She saved my Chihuahua after she was poisoned, However I always wondered why her husband is the one usually taking care of the patients, when he is not a licensed vet. Well I learned the hard way! On December 15th 2012 I had to bring in 4 new puppy rottweilers, They still had their tails, which i asked Blanca's husband, If it was OK to cut off their tails at 20 days, he said "yes, of course this was a simple procedure snip snip and their done", he also suggested we should vaccinate the dogs against parvo, I told them I would bring the puppies back in so they could dog sit for me as I traveled to Santiago for a few days. During my absence they could perform the procedure and the vaccination. On Dec, 27 after spending 7 days with Blanca , I came to their shop to find the puppies had grown so much, Everything seemed perfect we were so happy, within a few days back at my house, the dogs start to show signs of an illness, they had loose stools. I figured I wasn't mixing their food the way the vets were, I adjusted as much as possible, 2 days later it was apparent this was not the case, I called up Blanca and told her to come to my apartment to diagnose the situation, She comes with a Parvo test, the dogs tested positive for Parvo, How could they have gotten Parvo? Well I will get to that in a minute, Blanca proceeds to blame vetex since we had been there before we went to Blanca's, We were at vetex just for a checkup, on the December 12th, Blanca stated Parvo incubation time is 12-15 days, which is totally false, she was already trying to cover up her grave mistake, She proceeds to charge us 16k RD for the treatment to save the dogs, a few days later the dogs seemed to be responding to the treatment except for the female puppy, We told Blanca to put her on I.V. since she would not stop vomiting, That puppy was very dehydrated, Blanca refused to bring the puppy in, she said to keep trying to hydrate the puppy orally, Trusting her I said ok, that's what we will do, the next day the puppy was extremely sick, I could not bare to see her in this condition, I called up Blanca and demanded I bring in the puppy for the I.V. she needed to be on, She agreed and I brought the female puppy in, the next day Blanca calls me and tells me the puppy died, I was shocked, but I was thanking God at least the other puppies were going to make it, Boy was i wrong, Blanca sent her husband in to give the puppies the 3 day of treatment, this guy comes in talking on the phone, and with his free hand giving the puppies the shots that will save their lives, I have never seen puppies in such pain after a shot, the next day my puppies have diarrhea again. The treatment was discontinued because it was a 3-5 day treatment, they were only treated for 3 days according to Blanca, that is all they needed, I could not bear to see the puppies sick again, I had to get a grip with this situation, this vet I thought I could trust is actually a negligent doctor who seemed to care for the dogs, but money was above all else, even the puppies well being. I went to Santo Domingo to see what a well respected vet in the Area had to say, He could not believe what he heard, Never ever should you cut a dogs tail off and then give him a Parvo shot, Never! once you cut the tail their immune system hits bottom, So how could Blanca do this? Wouldn't she have known, or was she to busy? and her husband performed this operation, I don't know what her reasons were, but this lady Killed my four beautiful puppies, and I miss them everyday. please avoid this vet at all costs. I wish somebody would have warned me... I am now in the process of looking for a lawyer who will take this case, if anybody knows of a pet loving lawyer in the Punta cana area, who is willing to help me out?
IMG_9552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's very sad. I'm sorry for you.

We have lost 3 animal in neutering and nearly lost another last week.

The vet situation is tenuous here.... owner beware, as your story indicates.

One of our deaths was at the hands of highly recognized vet - often mentioned here. I'll not return.

Thank you for pointing out this problem.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We have found an excellent vet in Santiago: Dr. Enrique Gruillon, near the corner of 27 Febrero & Sabana Larga.

We took Toby there yesterday for some minor foot surgery.

He's like going to a vet in the states with clean, well-organized facilities.

Highly recommend. We were referred by Hillbilly.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
This article concerns : Clinica Veterinaria/ vetenarian hygia Pecoris Dra. Blanca medina Garrido hygiapecoris@codetel.net.do 809-529-6585 / 809-815-5876

The following Articles details how my 4 Rottweiler Puppies died due to the negligence of Dra. Blanca Medina Garrido:

I used to think Blanca was one of the best vets around, She saved my Chihuahua after she was poisoned, However I always wondered why her husband is the one usually taking care of the patients, when he is not a licensed vet. Well I learned the hard way! On December 15th 2012 I had to bring in 4 new puppy rottweilers, They still had their tails, which i asked Blanca's husband, If it was OK to cut off their tails at 20 days, he said "yes, of course this was a simple procedure snip snip and their done", he also suggested we should vaccinate the dogs against parvo, I told them I would bring the puppies back in so they could dog sit for me as I traveled to Santiago for a few days. During my absence they could perform the procedure and the vaccination. On Dec, 27 after spending 7 days with Blanca , I came to their shop to find the puppies had grown so much, Everything seemed perfect we were so happy, within a few days back at my house, the dogs start to show signs of an illness, they had loose stools. I figured I wasn't mixing their food the way the vets were, I adjusted as much as possible, 2 days later it was apparent this was not the case, I called up Blanca and told her to come to my apartment to diagnose the situation, She comes with a Parvo test, the dogs tested positive for Parvo, How could they have gotten Parvo? Well I will get to that in a minute, Blanca proceeds to blame vetex since we had been there before we went to Blanca's, We were at vetex just for a checkup, on the December 12th, Blanca stated Parvo incubation time is 12-15 days, which is totally false, she was already trying to cover up her grave mistake, She proceeds to charge us 16k RD for the treatment to save the dogs, a few days later the dogs seemed to be responding to the treatment except for the female puppy, We told Blanca to put her on I.V. since she would not stop vomiting, That puppy was very dehydrated, Blanca refused to bring the puppy in, she said to keep trying to hydrate the puppy orally, Trusting her I said ok, that's what we will do, the next day the puppy was extremely sick, I could not bare to see her in this condition, I called up Blanca and demanded I bring in the puppy for the I.V. she needed to be on, She agreed and I brought the female puppy in, the next day Blanca calls me and tells me the puppy died, I was shocked, but I was thanking God at least the other puppies were going to make it, Boy was i wrong, Blanca sent her husband in to give the puppies the 3 day of treatment, this guy comes in talking on the phone, and with his free hand giving the puppies the shots that will save their lives, I have never seen puppies in such pain after a shot, the next day my puppies have diarrhea again. The treatment was discontinued because it was a 3-5 day treatment, they were only treated for 3 days according to Blanca, that is all they needed, I could not bear to see the puppies sick again, I had to get a grip with this situation, this vet I thought I could trust is actually a negligent doctor who seemed to care for the dogs, but money was above all else, even the puppies well being. I went to Santo Domingo to see what a well respected vet in the Area had to say, He could not believe what he heard, Never ever should you cut a dogs tail off and then give him a Parvo shot, Never! once you cut the tail their immune system hits bottom, So how could Blanca do this? Wouldn't she have known, or was she to busy? and her husband performed this operation, I don't know what her reasons were, but this lady Killed my four beautiful puppies, and I miss them everyday. please avoid this vet at all costs. I wish somebody would have warned me... I am now in the process of looking for a lawyer who will take this case, if anybody knows of a pet loving lawyer in the Punta cana area, who is willing to help me out?
IMG_9552.jpg

Thank you for posting in detail..........
I am a pet lover and I hope you can do something legally...........
There actions should not go unpunished............

B in Santiago

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Stories like this make me ill. I am so so sorry for your loss of these beautiful puppies. I would see what chance I had to revoke the license of this negligent doc. Absolutely should not be treating animals:mad:

MRS. YS

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Unfortunately you asked them to chop off body parts of these animals you apparently love, maybe there is good reason you should feel sad right now, in yourself. There is never ever any need to doc a dogs tail unless it is a working dog and it is going to become more of a liability in keeping it. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who doc tails for no reason, I can't show sympathy to cruel or ignorant owners. You say there is nothing to it and it doesn't effect the dog, well no, you just said their immune system hits rock bottom so that is not true is it, you tell me it is not painful, I tell you otherwise, show me where there are diagrams of no nerves in a dogs tail. This is not any kind of love I ever heard of, maybe think about the dog rather than your street cred in future, allow the dog to keep its body parts and hey maybe it might not die of an otherwise standard immunisation. Dogs are not Bonzai trees, you don't just clip a little here, a little there to make it the shape you want it to be.
Sorry for the loss, there was no need for it.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
So sorry to hear about your loss. As a fellow doglover I know it hurts.

While we were still in Jarabacoa a local friend gave my wife a tiny Chihuahua puppy (6 weeks at the time) for her birthday. Feisty little thing, playing with the big dogs as if she was a doberman. At 8 weeks we decided it was time for her shots. We took her to a local vet, who gave the shot. A couple of hours she went comatose. We called him, he came by, literally only shook it, and told us it was epilepsy. He then tried to sell us "meds", which was omnibionta (the vitamins). She died about an hour later.

When we told the story to the vet we use now, she told us that in all propability Minnie had received a dose way too high for her.

If we can, we now take our dogs to our vet in Santiago.

BelgianK

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
No, I took it to a vetsupply store near the river, where the scumbag had an office. I do not want to say the name, as the store has changed hands, and the vet has been thrown out.

BelgianK

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
No, I took it to a vetsupply store near the river, where the scumbag had an office. I do not want to say the name, as the store has changed hands, and the vet has been thrown out.

BelgianK

I know it, he sells meds there for a decent price, don't think there is a vet there at all anymore.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Docking tails is done for appearance in Rotties and is a common simple procedure. Nothing inhumane about it when done correctly. As far as any lawsuit I would forget it. This is not the US and Dominicans do not value dogs. You are not Dominican, they are, lawsuit over dogs = you spend a lot of money to lose. Mark it up to experience and move on.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Docking tails is done for appearance in Rotties and is a common simple procedure. Nothing inhumane about it when done correctly. As far as any lawsuit I would forget it. This is not the US and Dominicans do not value dogs. You are not Dominican, they are, lawsuit over dogs = you spend a lot of money to lose. Mark it up to experience and move on.

A dogs tail is there to balance it as it runs, it also acts as a tool of communication. Docking tails has been accepted for many years, but is now on a strong road to being banned in many countries. Don't tell me it is not inhumane to cut off an animals body part. Done properly? The only time it is done properly is when it is broken and causing more pain to keep it. You mean done under sterile and professional circumstances surely?
Any cutting off of body parts that is not neccessary is inhumane FFS!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
A dogs tail is there to balance it as it runs, it also acts as a tool of communication. Docking tails has been accepted for many years, but is now on a strong road to being banned in many countries. Don't tell me it is not inhumane to cut off an animals body part. Done properly? The only time it is done properly is when it is broken and causing more pain to keep it. You mean done under sterile and professional circumstances surely?
Any cutting off of body parts that is not neccessary is inhumane FFS!

American stockdog aussies tails are docked when they are 3 to 4 weeks old. The docking is done under local anestisia of the tail by an experienced vet. Their front dew claws are also removed within 24 hours after birth. Done by the breeder itself because the claws are very soft and you can just pinch them off, no nerves are running into their at that time.
The reason is that stockdogs are herders of cattle and horses and if they had a tail, they would certainly suffer a broken one because they are herding very close to the herd (nothing like sheep herding).
Reason for removing the front dewclaws is the same, because they are fast runners who need to make swift breaks and turns, the are in great risk to hook their dew claw in the grass which would be very painful for the dog if it tears off and would make the dog maybe invalid to herd for the rest of his life.
This is no fashion remodelling of the dog, its a necessaty to give those dogs a bigger change to do their job in full without the risk being hurt.
btw : have you ever seen an aussie without tail running and take turns at full speed? Probably not according to your statement. A dog does not need his tail for keeping his balance, a dogs tail only purpose is for signaling.

Acira

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
And to the OP, I am very sorry for your loss. Whatever every body says here, you trusted that vet to do the job and you lost your lovely pups. I too would cry my hart out so I feel for you.

As Belgiank said, we too had the misfortune to loose a pup by a crook of a so called 'vet' which leads us to go and search on this Island for a trustworthy and certified vet and we ended up in Santiago.
This vet has docked my aussies tail without any problem at our house. And yes, I had choosen to dock them because they are siblings of our Texan stockdog so with the same energy as she has and I would't like to have an adult dog going into chirgury with a broken tail so I opted to have them docked at 4 weeks, never regretted it if I see them racing through the fields now.

Acira

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
A dog does not need his tail for keeping his balance, a dogs tail only purpose is for signaling.

Acira

If you read my posts earlier I mentioned working dogs occasionally need their tails removed to prevent the injury you describe. I am aware of that. There is no reason a pet dog needs its tail removed. As far as the tail not being used for balancing, well quite simply you are wrong, DR1 dog expert or not, you are wrong.
Here's a Kids site to get you started
AKC Kids' Corner
Dogs also use their tails for balance, especially when they're working - doing the jobs they were bred to do. A sighthound, such as a Borzoi or Greyhound, chasing a rabbit has to make quick, sharp turns while running super fast. They use their tails as a counterbalance as they lean into turns.

Structure and Function of the Tail in Dogs - Page 1
The tail is important as a means of counterbalance when the dog is carrying out complicated movements such as leaping, walking along narrow structures or climbing. Dogs that run at great speeds often have thin tails that are very long in proportion to the rest of their body, and they use their tails as a counterbalance when making turns. Their tails may increase their agility and ability to turn quickly, so they can keep up with their prey. Tail muscles are also important in stabilizing the vertebral column and supporting the action of the extensor muscles of the back, as well as those of the croup and buttocks

Responsible Pet Ownership Blog: The Purpose of a Dog’s Tail
A dog’s tail performs various important functions; it provides the counterbalance necessary to perform difficult maneuvers such as climbing, jumping or walking along slim structures.

Many fast running dogs have long, slender tails that improve their agility and serve as a counterbalance when they make sharp turns while traveling at high speeds. By contrast, dogs bred for swimming usually have thick, strong tails that can function as a rudder in the water. Sled dogs are known for their fluffy, bushy tails that serve as insulation. At rest, these dogs often wrap their tails over their faces to shelter themselves from the frigid weather.

So there you have it. A dog’s tail does more than simply wag when he’s happy.

Why Do Dogs Have Tails?
The dog uses the tail to balance. When a dog is running after a prey and needs to turn a curve quickly, the tail is used as a counterweight to avoid toppling over. Dogs like the Lundehund or puffin hunters need to scale steep cliffs to hunts the birds. The dog uses its tail to balance when walking in narrow ledges very similar to a tightrope walker using a balance bar. Pointing dogs that look for birds in the thick underbrush use the tail to point to the hunter where the bird is located.
Retrievers or other breeds that do a lot of swimming use the tail as a rudder for easy steering in the water. Northern dogs like the Samoyeds and the Siberian huskies have long bushy tails. These dogs that have to work in extremely cold areas have to brave the snow even when sleeping.

Do I need to go on?

Consider yourself de-throwned as resident DR1 dog expert