la vega afternoon/night

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
I will be in La Vega for a few days in mid February, are there local bars to hang out at right in the middle of town for early afternoon into the evening where plenty of locals may be hanging out? I will be there a few days before the Carnaval

Jan 5, 2006
Just came back last Tuesday, and most places in town seemed dead as compared to even a few months ago.

For a beer with a younger, college aged crowd; try Okie Dokie and the Parque de los Estudiantes across the street. You can also try the Parque Duarte and the nearby businesses.

For a more upscale crowd, you can try Fly Lounge (excellent food, a bit expensive by DR standards) or Lite Lounge. Also close to those 2 places, there are 2 liquor stores, where you can hang out and have a drink with a mixed crowd.

For the nightclub scene, try Cacique, the place across the street (recently changed name from Cafe Claro), Kareta, or Makarao.

La Vega is a relatively small city, where a lot of people know each other, and the places that I mentioned are well known to most residents. Enjoy!

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
If you are there on a Sunday in February there will be no shortage of action :bunny: as they have a great Carnaval!