Driver from Punta Cana to Sosua round trip

crabgrass

Aug 15, 2011
Is there anyone that would pick up someone in Punta Cana and deliver them to Sosua in Mid February and then in a week drive them back to Punta Cana from Sosua. And how much do you think that should cost? (Just in case I can't find a driver and have to do it myself). This person does not want to go on Caribe or Metro bus. Thanks so much for your help!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That is a VERY expensive taxi ride, possibly cheaper to fly!

Ask Pedro for a quote:

yoursantiagodriver @ gmail.com

Dec 21, 2008
We had the same thing happen about a year ago...our friends ended up paying 600 US for the round trip...was a complete pain in the butt...very expensive trip! (for them, not us!)

DennyDee88

Sep 12, 2011
If the person that is coming is adventurous and has a little time to kill, they could get public transport from Punta Cana to Higuey or La Romana and then get a bus from there to Santo Domingo. Once in Santo Domingo, catch the Metro bus or Caribe Tours to Sosua. It costs far less than $600 dollars. Call this number to inquire about the bus but, you will need some Spanish skills. Contact: 809-687-2190

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
DeenyDee ,
Yes I have done this trip - Bavaro to La Romana - 200 Rd$ , La Romana to Santo Domingo 150 RD$, Taxi from bus drop to Caribe tours Depot 200 RD$, Caribe Tours to Sosua 320 Rd$ , Taxi Caribe tours to Sosua about 100 RD$. It took from 08:00 to 18:00 hrs to complete. Bavaro is nearby Punta Cana Airport. These were all local "Buses"

Give it a try!

Olly

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I am often confused by the replies posted on this board. The OP specifically asked for information as to how much it would be to transport people from Punta Cana to Sosua and back. He specifically stated his friends did not wish to travel on buses yet the advice offered is to use public transport.

Suffice to say that it will be an expensive taxi ride or just maybe the OP was seeking a volunteer from this board to do it on the cheap.

Quite incredible!!!!

crabgrass

Aug 15, 2011
Oh, I also meant to mention that I e-mailed that guy Pedro the person that someone suggested that I contact and he e-mailed me back with $500US per round trip, so a total of $1000US as his price.However he did say he was coming from Santiago.

DennyDee88

Sep 12, 2011
What is incredible is no one knows the name of the airline from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata. I would think the people that had all the smart aleck comment would have some answers? Hmmm???????????????????????????? I guess you are just some talkers.

Crabgrass, please give me a day to look through my old photos. I have the name of the airline in a picture I took at the Puerto Plata airport once. As soon as I find it I will post it for you.

What is incredible is no one knows the name of the airline from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata. I would think the people that had all the smart aleck comment would have some answers? Hmmm???????????????????????????? I guess you are just some talkers.

What is incredible is that you are a moron, The OP said he didnt want to go by bus and you decide to offer him the bus ride from hell, on like 6 local buses and taxis. Why not try to hook him up with some horseback time. I never said I knew the names of the airlines but others on the board or a simple search would have given the OP some options for air travel. As for your bus directions I would suggest the op make sure he was smoking crack before doing that trip from hell. Now onto the OP, If you need to do it by bus Take expresso Bavaro into the Capital then a short cab ride to Caribe tours and a caribe bus from Capital straight to sosua. So 2 nice big buses with A/C and short cab ride in capital.

What is incredible is that you are a moron, The OP said he didnt want to go by bus and you decide to offer him the bus ride from hell, on like 6 local buses and taxis. Why not try to hook him up with some horseback time. I never said I knew the names of the airlines but others on the board or a simple search would have given the OP some options for air travel. As for your bus directions I would suggest the op make sure he was smoking crack before doing that trip from hell. Now onto the OP, If you need to do it by bus Take expresso Bavaro into the Capital then a short cab ride to Caribe tours and a caribe bus from Capital straight to sosua. So 2 nice big buses with A/C and short cab ride in capital.

DennyDee88

Sep 12, 2011
Unfortunately badpiece33, I am not as sensitive as you are. I see no problem with offering people more economical alternatives than spending $600 dollars to have someone drive you, when you can get to the same place for less money. Since our difference of opinion empowers you to think you have the right to hurl insults, so be it. Have a great weekend.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Getting back on track dodging bullets, FYI the local syndico rate is $400 EACH way from Sosua to Punta Cana.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
What airline is it?

Book here! Hotel & airport shuttles & transfers in Dominican Republic
Try these folks - they are charging $700 round trip - might be worth an enquiry.
TYropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Casa Ellie