Tolls: Paso Rápido

Are you a member of the Paso R?pido program?

• Yes and I'm happy with the service.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I'm not too happy with the service.

• Yes, but I'm getting out of it soon.

• No, but I was once a member.

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Paso R?pido is a service that is offered by the Ministry of Public Works and Communications (MOPC, by its initials in Spanish.)

This system is similar to other types found in developed countries. Vehicles are equipped with a special electronic device that is placed on the windshield, from which an electronic signal is sent to the receiving device in the toll, and the amount charged at the toll is automatically taken from a prepaid account. The amount charged depends on the category the vehicle falls in, of which there are four (depending if its a family car, commercial vehicle, truck, etc.) All the toll booths on the edges of the Santo Domingo metropolitan area are equipped with this service, with several lanes dedicated to Paso R?pido members.

You can learn more about this program here: Ministerio de Obras P?blicas y Comunicaciones - Paso R?pido

For non-Spanish speakers, I suggest you pass the website through an online translator.

The devices are on sell at select Shell, Isla and Texaco gas stations; Farmax farmacies, The iStore, CarolX farmacies, and at La Cadena supermarkets.

Last edited: