Violent crime in Bella Vista

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I've been reading some claims recently that crime is high in Bella Vista, and in particular the area around the Bella Vista Mall. This was surprising to me, as I know that some reputable law firms have their offices in this area and I was at the Bella Vista Mall a few times before and it seemed quite nice and safe.

Is this an area that is best to avoid even during the daytime?

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Last year a guy shot to the head and killed his relative for a 1million peso at the BV Food court.

You need to come armed in the BV area, lol

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
whoever told you that doesn't know jack **** about what he's saying.. Bella Vista is one of the safest areas in the whole city.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The event referred to here occurred between two family members (or acquaintances) and it was regarding a debt or some titles that one of the guys pawned or something along those lines. Bottom line, a freak event, as stated by JDJones.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Absolutely, positively, NOT TRUE.

The residents of Bella Vista have been complaining for months about the abundance of home invasions and armed robberies, usually by two men on motorcycles. There have been various videos that have been posted by local news sources. It's specifically due to the economic level of Bella Vista residents that have attracted thieves to the area.

Bella Vista Mall itself is not a dangerous place. The man that was murdered there was a freak occurrence.

Isn't that happening like in every good neighborhood in Santo Domingo??

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
When we came to El Millon everyone said no crime, great area, etc...guess what..crime knows no boundaries.