Semana Santa 2013 in Sosua?

theheights718

Jan 27, 2009
Hello all...long time no see. Was wondering if any events were planned as of yet for Semana Santa this year in the Sosua, Puerto Plata, Santiago or Cabarete areas?

Seen a lot of videos from years past on youtube and I see alot of families, and more locals in town so it should be fun. Just wanted to know if anything was set in stone yet from the people on the ground or if you know of any sites that might have things listed already.

Thanks,

Heights

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
fun? hmm....not my idea of fun and i tend to avoid Cab like the plague during SS.
But if you like large gatherings of very drunk people, excessivley loud music and lethal driving conditions, then im sure you'll have a whale of a time :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
fun? hmm....not my idea of fun and i tend to avoid Cab like the plague during SS.
But if you like large gatherings of very drunk people, excessivley loud music and lethal driving conditions, then im sure you'll have a whale of a time :)

That pretty well sums up Semana Santa in the resort areas.

theheights718

Jan 27, 2009

Thats exactly what I'm looking forward to:laugh:! But I was wondering if there were particular events going on, like concerts of certain artist...festivals on certain days. If not, I guess I just have to do as the romans do.

Thanks for the heads up though!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thats exactly what I'm looking forward to:laugh:! But I was wondering if there were particular events going on, like concerts of certain artist...festivals on certain days. If not, I guess I just have to do as the romans do.

Nothing has been announced yet as far as I know, but there may be a concert on the beach at Cabarete

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

There will be "official" parties and Concerts in Cabarete (main beach) and possibly Puerto Plata (malecon), and probably a Concert at Lifestyle resorts in Cofresi. The party in Cabarete starts Friday at midnight and goes non-stop until Sunday afternoon. Sosua beach will be packed Saturday and Sunday, but no specific activities...