1st timer--- Sosua or Punta Cana

majorplates

Jan 28, 2013
Hello guys, Ill be traveling out the country for the first time in a few weeks for my b-day (Feb 21st) and was wondering which was the best place to go, Sosua or Punta Cana. I've heard great things about both places but cant seem to decide although im leaning toward Sosua. as for me, I'll be turning 25, AA male and ill be traveling alone. my friends bailed on me but hey a man's got to do what a man's got to do right? naturally im looking to meet girls but im also looking to have a good time, go to the beach, relax a bit, do some fun stuff( water activities, hikes etc if possible) but most importantly be safe. Any suggestions or tips for a newbie like me on things/people to look out for and places to rent or stay?

also im aware that i may have to pay to play, not ideal but im not opposed to it. Just looking for a safe great time!

Thanks! :D

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
girls are to be found everywhere so i am not going to address that :) if you want fun, nightlife and water sports i'd suggest cabarete, just few kilometers from sosua. lots of young people, discos and clubs in the best area for water/wind sports: from kite surfing to swimming.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
yeah, in Sosua but not in P.C. or Cabarete-wrong!!!!!!! Anyone who "dates" a working girl should assume she is hiv+. Otherwise you are rolling the dice and gambling with your health. Sosua and Cabarete are close to each other -maybe 15 minutes by taxi.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Just Do It

AA male and ill .... traveling alone.

Any suggestions or tips for a newbie like me on things/people to look out for and places to rent or stay?

also im aware that i may have to pay to play, not ideal but im not opposed to it. Just looking for a safe great time!

Thanks! :D

If you are an AA member and ill, lay off the booze while there!
Punta Cana is AI(all inclusive) and for couples.
Cabarete is safe has a great beach and many activities, hotels or condos.
Your good looks and personality will get you a sporty tourist chick without pay.

In case the tourists don't find you attractive many girls in Sosua will!

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
being in your 25's, going to the Caribbean, and having to pay for girls??????
my god, if you are not the ugliest man in the world, if you know how to make a girl smile and treat her well, you should not have to pay for that ... try to meet decent girls ...
just my opinion

May 29, 2006
The total HIV rate for the DR is under 2%, but I'm not keen on the methods used since I think the numbers are based in part on testing pregnant women. It would be higher in sex workers, but I read that the chance of a man getting HIV during straight sex is something around 1000 to 1 per encounter. There are enough other buggies out there though that common sense should prevail.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
May I suggest, that you check out this website, "blackbeardsadultresort.com"
I have been there MANY times.
It's in Costambar, a gated community near Puerto Plata, and close to Sosua for a side trip, day,or especially at night!
It is on the beach, lots of restaurants nearby, although they have good food there.
There are lots of nice looking girls.
It is neat, and clean.
$100 bucks a night, but bring a friend, and only $50 each, for a two room suite.
I have been screwing "Working Girls" here since 1986, only used a condom once.
She was THAT nice, and insisted!
I used to get checked for "HIV/AIDS" every few years, not anymore.
At 66, I'll be dead before "AIDS" can kill me. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
To those who say, "A good looking "20 something" doesn't have to pay for "PU$$Y", I say this,
You can eat dinner at home every night, but isn't it nice to go to a nice restaurant and try something new for a change"??????
But they do expect you to pay, after you EAT, no matter how young, or handsome you are!
And no dishes to wash!
As far as "HIV/AIDS" is concerned, just don'r have anal sex with gay guys, and you will be just fine.
"PM" me if you want more graphic "deTAILS"!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
wow..doesnt anyone know about condoms these days? Im a middle aged gay guy and still HIV neg and i have played around in the DR enough.

and indeed there is is lots of HIV going around in the "straight" world. Just educate yourself and you most likely wont have a problem

I would also vote for cabarete over sosewer or POP....especially if you are young and not a complete ugly old troll.

POP is a tourist trap...sosua just a hooker town. If you are young and attractive you would would like cabarete

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If you are coming from Canada or NYC I would fly into El Catey/Samana (AZS) and come to Las Terrenas. There is plenty to do for a single guy and we have the best, uncrowded beaches in the DR. French, Spanish, Italian and English is spoken here. Go to lasterrenaslive.com and check it out.

LTSTeve

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"jrzeyguy" are you a "Top Man", or "Bottom Boy"?????????????????
It Does make a difference.
If I were having anal sex with men, I would wear two condoms!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i'd suggest cabarete to the OP as well. It isnt all resorty like POP and not as sleazy as Sosua. If the OP is young-ish and in shape there is so much to do in Cabarete. If he is just looking for cheap working girls...then sosua