DR Drug trafficking up 800% in the last two years

May 29, 2006
About half of the restaurants that I worked for in the 80s had owners who were on coke or had gotten rich selling it to get their start-up money. At one place I managed, the owner would write $500 checks to himself to feed his habit then complain when the payroll bounced.

I had two GFs who were on the stuff back then and it pretty much ended both relationships. A waitress who can pull in $300 in cash on a Friday night with a taste for coke is a bad combination.

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
so let me see 1 out of every 3 domincans are in the drug business lol.i would like to know the statistic for all those jeepetas and nice houses in in the aflluent nieghborhoods.how many of those things were bought with clean money lol.

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
It is not a Dominican thing, it is more of a Caribbean thing. Colombia floods the caribbean with drugs on their way to the USA and europe. The islands turn into little posts where they repackage drugs and get them onto a route. They have been flooding more and more as the demand goes up and crime spins out of control in America and Europe due to the economies struggling. The sad thing is it makes more crimes occur in the Caribbean. Puerto Rico, Jamaica and the other islands have the same issue as the DR.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It is not a Dominican thing, it is more of a Caribbean thing. Colombia floods the caribbean with drugs on their way to the USA and europe. The islands turn into little posts where they repackage drugs and get them onto a route. They have been flooding more and more as the demand goes up and crime spins out of control in America and Europe due to the economies struggling. The sad thing is it makes more crimes occur in the Caribbean. Puerto Rico, Jamaica and the other islands have the same issue as the DR.

not exactly. we have a temporal problem. Jamaica had its heyday, is on the decline, and the DR has taken over. when they figure out the best possible strategies for the DR, the runners will set up elsewhere. the problem the DR will always have is the politicians being in collusion with the bad guys. there is too fine a line here between the drug enterprise and law enforcement. sometimes, there is no line.

May 29, 2006
It's all whack-a-mole with the path of least resistance taken. The more they confiscate, the higher the street price so it's a win-win for the producers. It's the people in the middle that take the hits.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
why to try the impossible, full checks of all containers at all caribbean island ports etc?
the destination countries like the USA and the European Countriues have the technologies and the money to do those checks right there, at their own turf. check every darn container coming in to the USA, that's it. or are the security officers in charge there the same corrupt as they are on the caribbean Islnads?, so it is easier to keep that problem pointed as a Caribe?o prob?
check what comes in to YOUR country, and seize what you do not want to enter your country, as easy as that.
if you do that, it will not make any more sense to ship the Narcos through any other country on what ever route, as they will not arrive.
they are all just talking BS politics while in reality they have no intention to do a darn thing about the problem.
why do firearms from european countries and the US kill people in other countries?, 'cause someone ships them out of there to their Destin. and why do Narcotics from Colombia keep the crime rates up and the stupids high in the US?, because someone let's large loads of them pass their borders. they are not brought in in small quantities by single mules, the large amounts consumed there are necessarily brought in as large quantities and on daily bases, they do not slip accidentally through the so great and efficient controls up there.
if the controls up there north would not be as useless and corrupt as they are as fact, then Islands like the DR would not have a Drug Transit Problem, and before we had that one we did not have a mayor On-Island-Drug-Consuming problem as we have as fact todays.
and there is the variation to leave the choice to your free people to choose what they want to consume, legalize it up there and sell it in the supermarkets, and right away the Transit Problem here is solved.
this Narco Transit crap is not homemade on the Ilsnads, it is homemade in the so educated consuming first world countries where those citizens demand da stuff. and the governments do not check their borders about "what's coming in today, Joe".

Mike

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The country is flooded because they are not stopping enough getting through. For every haul sent over there are identical hauls being sent at exactly the same time, there is never ONE haul being made. It has become so cheap to produce that they aren't fussed about losing a haul as long as thier order gets through and so send diversions expecting one haul to be captured, and the other will still get through.
So when both or the three hauls get through there is a load of surplus that needs distributed/sold, that often stays on these shores and supplies the Dominican Republic. This is excess in a way, and hence the reason coke is so very cheap here, even poor Doms can afford the habbit.
I dunno, when I first came no Dominican would go anywhere near coke, they'd go buy it but not take it. Different story now, things don't seem as on the ball as it used to be.

A while back I had the misfortune of spending a night at a PN station in the communal cell (fkn horrid, nothing serious just a road accident that needed a little investigation to find out who was to blame). In the cell there was plenty of spliffs being smoked and crack rocks on cigaretes, the desk Sgnt was 15' away, and couldn't care at all. In fact the girls that were hanging out in the PN station (yes I know, why would a girl be hanging out inside the police station, I have my theory, you probably the same) were going to the colmado for the prisoners and bringing back bottles of brugal to drink in the cell.
So like everything else, it is simply down to those that should care, not caring, things just get worse and worse because it is no ones fault and money is everything.

It's funny how money is only everything when you have none. What drives people who have money and are supposed to hold responsible positions to continue to act corruptly is beyond me. What drives drug lords when they are milti millionaires, it isn't money as they have enough, it seems to be simply te culture, but tat sounds too silly to be the reason, I can't get my head around it,never have.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yet another example of a war that cannot be won. People are starting to realize the utter failure of the war on drugs. It is a painfully slow learning process.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
.....The more they confiscate, the higher the street price so it's a win-win for the producers....

Really win-win-win. The increased confiscations could just be a safer way to transfer larger quantities by new official players.

Governments have always been involved by passing facilitating laws and taking "donations". Why not join the cavalcade of transporters as well? That makes it three wins, not two. And the higher street price can be covered by higher welfare payments.