How many times? bachata!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
These morons are still playing the same playlist that was being played 5 years ago, daily, over and over and over. These people have the mental capacity of a gold fish, how can you listen to the same homo driven poncy whining of Aventura and Prince Royce day in day out. One of my neighbours has actually a little variety today and is actually playing a dance version of everything they would normally play (Aventura and Prince Royce).
If they played Bachata at Guantanamo to torture then I truly have sympathy, whining, winging, moaning, poncy gay trash.

Please DR, give us a break, try something new!

Yes Mod, move to the OT if you wish.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You need to either start drinking, or get out of this country Dogboy.
Perhaps buy earplugs, or a pair of Marshall stacks to play your own "gay music"?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
All wanna be the "Macho Man" and listen to these castrate voices! You damn right! Bachata = crap! :)

These morons are still playing the same playlist that was being played 5 years ago, daily, over and over and over. These people have the mental capacity of a gold fish, how can you listen to the same homo driven poncy whining of Aventura and Prince Royce day in day out. One of my neighbours has actually a little variety today and is actually playing a dance version of everything they would normally play (Aventura and Prince Royce).
If they played Bachata at Guantanamo to torture then I truly have sympathy, whining, winging, moaning, poncy gay trash.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006

This is nice music PRINCE ROYCE - Incondicional (Official HD Video) - YouTube

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Here's what to do,ask your neighbors, politely,to please lower the volume of the music.
That's all!
While you are waiting for that to happen, go buy two of the biggest speakers you can find, and place them in the direction of their house.
Now download some "Don Giovanni",and some "Alvin & The Chip Monks", and "Lyle Lovett".
Every time they "PLAY", you "PLAY"!
They are soooooooooooooooooo stupid that they will not "Get It" at first, but they will rush to your house to complain about YOUR music!
Take that opportunity to TRY and explain that THEIR music is driving you "NUTS"!
If all else fails, invite a congregation of "Evangelicas" to use your house for late night prayer services.
"
I live next to a "GENRAL" and he hates music, when he complains, they LISTEN, and then stop.
"Good Luck"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
bazooka.jpg

Last ressource ;)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[video=youtube;N7vCww3j2-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vCww3j2-w[/video]

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

there is no such thing as a bachata playlist. as i said before, there is only one bachata song. all the rest are the same song, but with VERY minor variations. it is the Dominican way. one guy makes a song, it becomes a hit, and everybody else copies it. so, the song you believe that you heard 7 years ago probably came out of the studios last week, but you cannot tell the difference, unless you play it on loop mode, and have a song from 7 years ago to compare it with. just listen to merengue. the same 5 chords, the same band composition, down to the same makes of instruments. sadly, the DR is not exactly a hotbed of musical creativity, despite the fact that Dominicans think foreign tourists come here for the great food, and the wonderful music..

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You need to either start drinking, or get out of this country Dogboy.
Perhaps buy earplugs, or a pair of Marshall stacks to play your own "gay music"?

I've considered the drinking but won't be driven.

Nothing that comes out of a Marshall amp can be gay, you should know that!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Music as anything artistic is subjective. I happen to be open minded about music and listen to anything from Tatico Enrique to Secreto el Biberon to K Paz de la sierra to Metallica to Didier Awadi and Fela Kuti (you guys can google them up)...but most people have a very narrow view of music and all they like is whatever they grew up with...so you may not like Bachata, but I (and about another 8-9 million other Dominicans) think is awesome music. It's not about how complex the cords are, but about its "soul" and how it connects with the average Dominican.

From my experience I would say - Of course I'm generalizing here - most white people do not enjoy music the same way we do. We feel it and live it...that's why we want to listen to it as loud as possible. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten irritated because I'm trying to enjoy a loud, thumping jam and my white wife or some other white person wants to have a d@mm conversation in the middle of it or complain that "It's too loud..."

This BTW doesn't seem to apply to all Latins either. It seems it is more tied to our African roots (i.e. Mexicans can't dance for shyte just like white people and don't seem to enjoy music the way we do either)

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Music as anything artistic is subjective. I happen to be open minded about music and listen to anything from Tatico Enrique to Secreto el Biberon to K Paz de la sierra to Metallica to Didier Awadi and Fela Kuti (you guys can google them up)...but most people have a very narrow view of music and all they like is whatever they grew up with...so you may not like Bachata, but I (and about another 8-9 million other Dominicans) think is awesome music. It's not about how complex the cords are, but about its "soul" and how it connects with the average Dominican.

From my experience I would say - Of course I'm generalizing here - most white people do not enjoy music the same way we do. We feel it and live it...that's why we want to listen to it as loud as possible. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten irritated because I'm trying to enjoy a loud, thumping jam and my white wife or some other white person wants to have a d@mm conversation in the middle of it or complain that "It's too loud..."

This BTW doesn't seem to apply to all Latins either. It seems it is more tied to our African roots (i.e. Mexicans can't dance for shyte just like white people and don't seem to enjoy music the way we do either)

Ooh sooooo true!!!!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

You should see me dance to Bachata or perico ripiao, that's proof :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Talk about stereotyping people. My mother-in-law doesn't like Bachata or any other Dominican music. She likes Mexican music. Many of my wife's family, who are musically talented, prefer Jose Jose, Marc Anthony....etc.
My neighbour in Canada was French Canadian and I've yet to see a Dominicana...etc that could hold a candle to her and her daughters dancing.
Best dancer I've ever witnessed was a Filipina. I will admit gladly that many Dominicans seem to be born dancing, but was surprised how many are tone-deaf and can or don't dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.