Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: used scooter stores in puerto plata?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default used scooter stores in puerto plata?

Hi
    I'm looking for a little cheap scooter (pasola) like the yamaha jog or axis, 50cc, for the novia, i am in sosua but could not find anyone, just the ones heavily used from the guys of the calle and that i don't trust.
    Do you know if in puerto plata there are stores that sell new and used pasolas and can also give some time of guarantee? Thanks in advance.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dddavid View Post
    Hi

for the novia, i am in sosua
    Did you check the classifieds?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, but these kind of pasola don't show up

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

passing the hospital 150 meters at your right they sell all those sorts of scooters ....I do not remember the nae of place...maybe I pass there tomorrow then I could put the name

T.E.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaspar Hernandez might be a better location to shop for used scooters.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend baught one in GH. It looked good but was ragged out. There is a store in POP, just past where you go to the tellepherico (sp). Prices arn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. Please take someone who know what they are looking at.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dddavid View Post
    Hi
    I'm looking for a little cheap scooter (pasola) like the yamaha jog or axis, 50cc, for the novia, i am in sosua but could not find anyone, just the ones heavily used from the guys of the calle and that i don't trust.
    Do you know if in puerto plata there are stores that sell new and used pasolas and can also give some time of guarantee? Thanks in advance.
    ask her boyfriend to help you find one. he is the guy who is going to be using it most of the time.

8. Likes Viajero, Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There's usually some for sale on the notice board outside Playero, but Pasola + Dominican Woman Driver usually = Terrible Accident. Think SMART, don't buy one.

10. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Guarantee asnd Dominican Republic don't belong in the same sentence. The mind set here doesn't recognize any such thing. HAve you ever bought even a light bulb and are expected to probarlo before leaving the store. That is their type of guarantee. I have had the lights fixed on my car 7 times in the last year. I have no idea why it should be impossible to have lights that woirk on my car, but it is beyond anybody here. They have chaged the transformers 3 times. The 5th time I had someone fix them he charged me 2500 pesos and the cost was the transformers again. He became huffy when I took the old ones with me. I asked him how long he expected the lights to last and he said for years. When I came back in 3 weeks and they weren't working he said there is no guarantee on electrical stuff. So don't get your hopes for a guarantee.
    Der Fish

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j&t's future View Post
    There's usually some for sale on the notice board outside Playero, but Pasola + Dominican Woman Driver usually = Terrible Accident. Think SMART, don't buy one.
    Have you ever seen a traffic accident here in this country? One cannot drive in Miami or Minneapolis or Memphis for 2 weeks without seeing a mess by the side of the street where two or more cars tangled, But in 17 months I have seen 2 slight accidents in the Domonocan Republic. But have heard whenever and whereever Gringos gather about all the accidets in the country. Tell me about those you have seen with local women drivers expecially.
    Der Fish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast