used scooter stores in puerto plata?

dddavid

Aug 3, 2011
Hi
I'm looking for a little cheap scooter (pasola) like the yamaha jog or axis, 50cc, for the novia, i am in sosua but could not find anyone, just the ones heavily used from the guys of the calle and that i don't trust.
Do you know if in puerto plata there are stores that sell new and used pasolas and can also give some time of guarantee? Thanks in advance.

Jan 22, 2010
passing the hospital 150 meters at your right they sell all those sorts of scooters ....I do not remember the nae of place...maybe I pass there tomorrow then I could put the name

T.E.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
My friend baught one in GH. It looked good but was ragged out. There is a store in POP, just past where you go to the tellepherico (sp). Prices arn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. Please take someone who know what they are looking at.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hi
I'm looking for a little cheap scooter (pasola) like the yamaha jog or axis, 50cc, for the novia, i am in sosua but could not find anyone, just the ones heavily used from the guys of the calle and that i don't trust.
Do you know if in puerto plata there are stores that sell new and used pasolas and can also give some time of guarantee? Thanks in advance.

ask her boyfriend to help you find one. he is the guy who is going to be using it most of the time.

Reactions: Tug7777

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
There's usually some for sale on the notice board outside Playero, but Pasola + Dominican Woman Driver usually = Terrible Accident. Think SMART, don't buy one.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Have you ever seen a traffic accident here in this country? One cannot drive in Miami or Minneapolis or Memphis for 2 weeks without seeing a mess by the side of the street where two or more cars tangled, But in 17 months I have seen 2 slight accidents in the Domonocan Republic. But have heard whenever and whereever Gringos gather about all the accidets in the country. Tell me about those you have seen with local women drivers expecially.
Der Fish

In Jarabacoa in the past month there have been two women critically injured on motos. One was at fault and the other wasn't, but in the end it makes no difference to their health.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Guarantee asnd Dominican Republic don't belong in the same sentence. The mind set here doesn't recognize any such thing. HAve you ever bought even a light bulb and are expected to probarlo before leaving the store. That is their type of guarantee. I have had the lights fixed on my car 7 times in the last year. I have no idea why it should be impossible to have lights that woirk on my car, but it is beyond anybody here. They have chaged the transformers 3 times. The 5th time I had someone fix them he charged me 2500 pesos and the cost was the transformers again. He became huffy when I took the old ones with me. I asked him how long he expected the lights to last and he said for years. When I came back in 3 weeks and they weren't working he said there is no guarantee on electrical stuff. So don't get your hopes for a guarantee.
Der Fish

i have said, repeatedly, that things do not get repaired here. they get fixed. if, as in your case, your lights fail, the guy can trace the element that causes the failure, such as the transformer. what he cannot trace is the reason why the transformer keeps failing. he does not think about components upstream, which damage the transformer. maybe that is by design, so it will break every 2 weeks, and you keep blowing money on it, providing income for his brethren. the other possibility is that he just does not understand the circuit, and how it works.

dddavid

Aug 3, 2011
thanks for the replies. I know driving here is dangerous but what we need is something to just go around in sosua (home, playero, beach), this is why i am looking for a little and cheap scooter...you know dominicans hate to walk ;)

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
something to just go around in sosua (home, playero, beach), this is why i am looking for a little and cheap scooter...you know dominicans hate to walk ;)
I thought the girls in Sosua are used to walking more than the average Dominican since it is a small beach town.

Reactions: Tug7777
May 29, 2006
Unless you're living with her, the chances are good she'll sell it the first chance she gets, then say it was stolen. I hate to be jaded, but I once got a girl a new iron and she said it "broke" within three days after I got it for her.

Come to think it, I was staying with the girl at the time, so all bets are off..

dddavid

Aug 3, 2011
come on guys i'm looking for a pasola please i don't need advices about how to live with a dominican gf!!!
I did not landed here yesterday;)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
come on guys i'm looking for a pasola please i don't need advices about how to live with a dominican gf!!!
I did not landed here yesterday;)

Ok.

In Charamicos, there's a pawn shop owned by a guy named Victor. He's the one who charters fishing trips on Sosua Beach. It's the nicest in Sosua, everyone knows it. That store has everything, including pasolas.

While you're in there, look closely. Victor's shop has two kinds of inventory:

1) Stuff that was stolen from tourists who weren't paying attention; and

2) Regalos given to chicas by their foreign boyfriends (this is the majority of their items).

The salesperson will likely be able to tell you all about the scooter, as it's probably been through the store more than once.

Just sayin'....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Unless you're living with her, the chances are good she'll sell it the first chance she gets, then say it was stolen. I hate to be jaded, but I once got a girl a new iron and she said it "broke" within three days after I got it for her.

Come to think it, I was staying with the girl at the time, so all bets are off..

you are not being jaded. you are telling it like it is. then again, the way it is is what makes you jaded. i have had my cellphone for 8 years. changed one battery. still works like new. ask any chica how old her cellphone is. that will make you jaded.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
In Sosua Abajo is a store with about 150 pasolas/motors of all common types in stock, the majority used.
They come "refurbished" from Japan.
In this store, they are so honest to tell you the truth: there is no guarantee, so you will have to check carefuly before you buy.
I bought a Honda Lead there for someone 2 years ago.
Troubling is the time to get the "matricula" and license plate.
They want advance payments for the papers.
This seems to be the same in all places.
Important to keep the recipes of all payments, especially for the papers.
Took about 6 month to get the papers, but this seems to be "normal".
Anyway, next time I would refuse to pay for papers before delivery, however probably the sellers would refuse to do so or have the costs already priced in the bike.

I do not recommend anyone, you have to check the bike yourself and sales are final all over the places.

If you find offers that compare, it makes sense to choose the nearest place so you can "molest" to get your papers.

In a way, you always have guarantee as long as you pay for the replacements.