Hotels

May 17, 2011
Hello,

I was wondering if I need to book a hotel ahead of time for myself in Sosua? I heard that during the off season you would have no problem. I know it's getting busy down there now. I have a room at new garden for the frst 4 days of my trip but the remainder of the trip I did not reserver as I may want to try another hotel. Am I going to have an issue or do I need to reserve ahead of time?

Also I may take a trip up to costombar, and stay a night or so. I do not want to stay at barba negra. Are there any hotels or apartment in costombar I would be able to rent for a night or two?

Sorry to ask all these questions, just trying to get things situated before my trip

Thanks

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Are there any hotels or apartment in costambar I would be able to rent for a night or two?
The cabana Sensacion also rents mini-apartments for short stays very cheaply and I am told they are clean and comfortable. Not really in Costambar, but just a short moto ride away.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
". . . but the remainder of the trip I did not reserve as I may want to try another hotel. Am I going to have an issue or do I need to reserve ahead of time?"

I was going to leave this to someone 'on the ground' to answer, but nobody has. When will you be there?

Based on my past experience for this time of year, I'd say that you can probably (ie: most of the time except for public holidays) find somewhere to rest you head and park your pack; it may not be what you want, where you want it or in your price range.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
plenty of apartments for rent in costambar. there is a place called don and dona, just few houses down from barba negra. i am sure you'd like to be close, no? and besides, you do not need to hire a girl while in BN, you can just sleep and eat there, putas are not compulsory nor they are a part of room arrangements. and i am told the place is nice, clean and the food is good.

May 17, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for the reply

I am going to be in DR from 3/4 - 3/10. Will anyone be around during those dates?

Right now I am booked at new garden from 3/4 - 3/8. After reading the responses I am sure I can find another hotel in sosua that I have not reserved ahead of time.

Where in costombar are the hotels and apartments located? Are they in the vacinity of Jennys market or near barba negra?

Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they are all over the place! right now costambar is one big rental business :)
there are places along the main road, on the beach and on every street, including barba negra area.
i suggest you inquire in janet's. they will be able to help out.