Villa Karibik current status ?

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Hello everbody !

Someone know the current status of Villa Karibik (Mulata), it's a gated, or no longer a gated ?

There is fees by month or no ? If yes how much.

Thank you

Thx

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Other small question

It's not gated & no monthly fees over & above garbage collection & water.

Thx for your answer

Ok garbage collection is a personal fee 400 pesitos/month I think

but for water ?? From where come the water for Villa Karibik ?

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
From where come the water for Villa Karibik ?

Someone have the anwer to my question :

From where come the water for Villa Karibik (Mulata) ?

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
@ffritz ok thank you for the infos, and for those that have private well, I suppose that they pay nothing, apart their personal expenses of course. I'm right ?

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Correct.
But even at RD1,000 a month it's cheaper than having your own well, by the time you've costed drilling it, maintenance for the pump & power.
In a perfect world we'd all collect rainwater off the roof instead of pumping it out of the ground lol

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
@ffritz you are right about collect rainwater, but on a big house the price of gutters (here) can be equal to the drilling. But I know that some houses in Villa Karibik have their own well, I suppose that these owner pay nothing.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Remember if you have a well you still need to pay Corraplata a monthly fee - groundwater is considered property of the water company, an asset of the Country like minerals etc.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Really !

It is a bit absurd, because Corraplata not develop its network, if there was a service people would not be forced to dig wells. (my

Anyway, do you know how much are the monthly fee of Corraplata ?

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
I think it's only a few hundred pesos, and of course they have to know you have a well in the first place ...

By the way, even when there is mains water it's unreliable so people, in extreme cases, go "off-grid" and dig wells to replace the mains.