Santiago Airport to Puerto Plata...Lifestyle Resort

ARose1217

Feb 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,

We are travelling abroad for the first time with our two daughters (2, 7). We will be staying at the Lifestyle Resort in Puerto Plata. We chose to fly into Santiago because the tickets are cheaper. We would save about $300 per ticket. Now we are wondering how we can get to the resort from Santiago. The resort does not offer shuttle service. Does anyone know of any companies or taxis that can drive us to the resort? How much would it cost? Thanx in advance.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Email Pedro, he has a great reputation and will get you to your resort safe and sound.

yoursantiagodriver @ gmail . com

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
take a taxi from the airport to the bus station called caribe express.its the dr version of greyhound.take the bus going to puerto plata.when you get off you can called lifestyles there will pick you up from there.10 minutes to the hotel.taxi ride in santiago is 30 bucks american and each bus ticket is only 3 american dollars(yes only 3 bucks lol).thats it and the buses are all luxury buses.the bus ride from santiago topuerto plata is about 1hr 15 min.

DennyDee88

Sep 12, 2011
The frugal way is, take a cab for 500 - 800 pesos from the airport to the Caribe Tours or Metro Bus station. Get a bus from Santiago to Puerto Plata. Each ticket is about 200 pesos for everyone over 5 years old. Once you get to Puerto Plata, catch a cab to Lifestyles Resort for 300 - 500 pesos. The entire trip costs around $50 dollars US total. If you have a lot of bags, maybe a cab is a good deal but, it will cost you upwards of $100 US.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Guys, it's a family with kids & luggage, come on, they are not looking to schlepp on Caribe Tours, WTF!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
take a taxi from the airport to the bus station called caribe express.its the dr version of greyhound.take the bus going to puerto plata.when you get off you can called lifestyles there will pick you up from there.10 minutes to the hotel.taxi ride in santiago is 30 bucks american and each bus ticket is only 3 american dollars(yes only 3 bucks lol).thats it and the buses are all luxury buses.the bus ride from santiago topuerto plata is about 1hr 15 min.
I don't think someone who id saving 300 per ticket will be looking to save an extra 10 bucks in grownd transportation.

JJ

DennyDee88

Sep 12, 2011
My question is, "Why are you guys so concerned with someone giving the person options when that is what they asked for?" So what it is not your preference. However, the person is looking for what options are available for getting from one place to another.

Yes, it might not be the way that you would choose but, it is an option.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes, it might not be the way that you would choose but, it is an option.

Let me aks you dis, if you came on vacation for the first time to The Dominican with your two young daughters and 4-6 pieces of luggage, you just saved $1200 on the fare, as per The OP, would you be looking to take a taxi to the bus, the bus to a bus station, another taxi to the resort, all to save about $45 USD, do the math please, I did.

TAKE A TAXI the entire way, safer, faster, and less stress, simple!

deepdiver

Jun 18, 2011
why not book in advance probably the best transfer service i have used is COCO TOURS contact them thats what they do

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if i remember right santiago driver charges about 100 dollars per that trip. he speaks english, has a spacious car and has proper dominican know how.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, DV8, you are right. This service is, without a doubt, the best thing since Paloma and Bachata provided a similar service some 5 or 6 years ago. We can call Pedro the heir to Bachata's service!!

His service is good, on time and reasonable and with two young children, that means a lot, as Tamborista has pointed out.

I am not against alternatives and have recommended them many a time, but this is a differenct case. Let them take the Consierge Driver Service we have to offer our new guests...

I whole-heartedly advise the use of this service.

Cordially, (see? I am being nice today)

HB

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Take a pre-arranged taxi, it should be US$100 to US$150 maximum (they may charge more bec. of number of people and baggage). The ride is between 75 to 95 minutes, depending on traffic and speed of driver.

ARose1217

Feb 11, 2013
Thank you everyone for your great suggestions!! Will discuss them with my husband and decide what works best for us. Thanx again I am truly grateful for all your help.:)