Sosua Tennis Prodigy

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]In March 2012 Nick Hardt from Sos?a, together with teammates Armando Gandini and Diego Perez played the final of the World Junior Tennis League, which was held in El Salvador. They thereby gained the honorable 2nd place. Nick Hardt, the now 12-year-old tennis talent from Sos?a, however won all the single games of all his opponents during the entire tournament. Then Nick played some tournaments in the Dominican Republic, in which he ended winning. In early October 2012, Nick was invited by the tennis club Lithuania from Switzerland to compete in the national club competition. In the category up to 12 years Nick then won all games with force majeure. The competing clubs in the league protested and spoke of competition distortion. They also spoke their doubts about the age of Nick. He would be much older than 12 years! Nick was further playing prohibited.[/h]
[h=5]Nick Hardt[/h] [h=5]In January of 2013 Rick played two tournaments in the Dominican Republic, which he won and he played a tournament for 12 year olds in the USA. There he eventually lost to the Russian finalist Avidzba. Our tennis talent Nick Hardt from Sos?a belongs now, in his age category, to the sub top of the world. We will hear a lot from him in the near future.[/h]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
good for the boy! hopefully he will keep on receiving support and sponsorship to continue playing!

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
You need to find a sponsor for him and then send the young man to the IMG Tennis Academy in Bradenton, Florida. IMG has been the training home for a high percentage of today's tennis stars. If he hopes to succeed, he needs to be at IMG.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
let's hope "the barrio" doesn't claim him before he makes it out of the DR.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
let's hope "the barrio" doesn't claim him before he makes it out of the DR.

I don't know what his background or resources are, but from the article it doesn't seem he is a barrio child.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He is not a Dominican. I believe he is Dutch, but not positive of this.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
he is the son of the owner of the voramar tennis club, his mother is Dominican, his father is from Luxembourg

Hes definately 12 by the way as I met him when he was 8, and hes also a lot smaller than most 12 years olds so I have no idea why they thought he was too old, other than being a lot better at tennis

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Any time I see stuff like this I can't help but remember Rob Schneider's "The Benchwamers" movie, when the opposite team hires the Dominican dude to pitch for them and they're inquiring about his age and he says he's 12...I laughed my @$$ off when I saw that...Unfortunately Youtube is blocked at work, but here's an image of that.

s082o28300.jpg

...and later when the Dominican guy was pitching and trying to pick the kids' mothers and drinking "una chata" in between innings...

MV5BMTUxODUzMDYyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzU2NDA3._V1._SX485_SY316_.jpg

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
hes also a lot smaller than most 12 years olds so I have no idea why they thought he was too old, other than being a lot better at tennis

There you have it. Too good so out he goes.

Thanks for the background info.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
in November the IMG Academy visited the DR. did this kid attend the camp ? seems like that would have been a great opportunity.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
in November the IMG Academy visited the DR. did this kid attend the camp ? seems like that would have been a great opportunity.

Seems likely he did. His parents own a tennis club and most certainly know what is going on in the tennis world. Just from the amount of international travel he is doing tells you that he is a known name in junior tennis circles.