Any other tourists or Bachata/Merengue/Salsa dancers want to meet in Feb/Mar?!

Samantha Chatterji

Feb 13, 2013
Hola!

I will be visiting Santo Domingo from 23rd to 3rd Mar, travelling solo! While I am meeting friends for some of it, also I wondered if anyone else is going to be in the city at the same time, and want to sight see or go dancing with me?!

I enjoy dancing bachata, merengue, salsa and reggaeton and would like to try Samba and/or son.

I also want to explore the sights within the city, eat lots, go on trips to Saona Island, El Limon waterfalls, etc.

My second week in the DR I will be going to Punta Cana.

Get in touch if you are around!

Sam x

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
Hola!

I will be visiting Santo Domingo from 23rd to 3rd Mar, travelling solo! While I am meeting friends for some of it, also I wondered if anyone else is going to be in the city at the same time, and want to sight see or go dancing with me?!

I enjoy dancing bachata, merengue, salsa and reggaeton and would like to try Samba and/or son.

I also want to explore the sights within the city, eat lots, go on trips to Saona Island, El Limon waterfalls, etc.

Sam x

I won't be around then, but please let us know how it goes. I'm a huge Salsa and Bachata enthusiast. I was in S. Domingo for one night in January and I went to Avenida Venezuela. There are some very good dance places there. If you go, you should know that it's in a pretty rough area of town. I went to a place there I can't remember the name, but they had some very good New York style Mambo dancing (on2). I was somewhat surprised as this is hard to find in L. America outside of Puerto Rico.

delastdan

Jan 6, 2013
Hola!

Sam x

Hi!!

Yes, I will be there from Feb 26th -Mar 4th.

I've been posting like crazy trying to get as much as info as possible. Here's my post:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/santo-domingo/129908-i-will-there-first-timer.html

I'm coming from Los Angeles.