Las Terrenas/Sanchez bus to Santo Domingo

vagabond

Feb 13, 2013
Does anyone have any info regarding taking Caribe buses from the Samana area? Should I make a reservation, and is it actually possible to do this online?

Specifically I am planning on travelling from Las Terrenas to Santo Domingo, I assume that Sanchez would be the place to get the bus from. Its going to be on a Tuesday so I am thinking/hoping not very busy. Sounds to me like the bus is fairly comfortable, I am travelling with a 3 year old and would rather do the bus than a $200 taxi. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers. <!-- end of innertube --><!-- end of threadBody -->

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
just take the gua gua from the paseo

much easier

they will take good care of you

and they will get you a taxi when you get into the Zona Colonial.. but know that you are delivered right there... la parada de samana.

the gua guas are all air conditioned and not too over crowded now since they have put on more routes

better than taking the carro down the mountain to Sanchez.

most all the guaguas take the new coson highway

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
There are buses that leave from from accross from El Paseo, Transporte Las Terrenas, at 7, 9. 11AM and 2 and 3:30 PM. This bus goes directly to Santo Domingo.

LTSteve

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
There are buses that leave from from accross from El Paseo, Transporte Las Terrenas, at 7, 9. 11AM and 2 and 3:30 PM. This bus goes directly to Santo Domingo. LTSteve

Is this the schedule for the larger buses? Do you have the schedule for the return trip to LT on the larger buses? Lastly, do the larger buses depart/return to the same parada as the regular gua gua? Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
There is an express bus that leaves at 7AM and I think returns at 3:30PM. This is a full size bus. The other buses hold about 50 people and are usually very cramp. The office for Transporte Las Terrenas is on the outskirts of town. When you pass the Esso station, come up to the stop sign and turn right onto the new highway it is right there on your left. Perhaps you can get some info there. If not go on line to lt7.com. The bus company ususally has a small ad showing their phone numbers.

LTSteve