Questions about a Fiance Visa

nighting_gale

Feb 16, 2013
What's the difference between marrying fiance in the DR to marrying in the US? Which way is cheapest or fastest? I'm not married to my fiance in his country, but now I've decided that I want to try to bring him, with a fiance visa, to live with me in the US.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
I would suggest that you look at USCIS and dominicans to the usa.com .

Best of luck to you.

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
What's the difference between marrying fiance in the DR to marrying in the US? Which way is cheapest or fastest? I'm not married to my fiance in his country, but now I've decided that I want to try to bring him, with a fiance visa, to live with me in the US.

The fastest is the girlfriend k1 visa marry in the usa option. The cheapest is the K1 marry in the usa visa.

a tourist visa is by far the fastest and the cheapest. She could even look for a job here and get a visa once here and you could see how she acts here. you could help her to get that is your want too. That is a third option. The tourist visa could work up to years for 6 months at a time. She could get a work visa or you could marry her doing that time. The tourist visa if you can get it can be done in 3-4 weeks i think while the other visas will at least 3 or 4 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If he can get a Tourist Visa (B-1, B-2) to the US, then maybe that is the way to go. However, in the majority of these cases, this is not possible due to income, legal status, or some other objection at the Consulate.

As you can see, most posters here (me included) do not think highly of these relationships...but we know that more than a few have worked out. I think what most of us want is caution.

Our Mod for this forum will fill you in on which might be more appropriate for you.

HB

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
If he can get a Tourist Visa (B-1, B-2) to the US, then maybe that is the way to go. However, in the majority of these cases, this is not possible due to income, legal status, or some other objection at the Consulate.

As you can see, most posters here (me included) do not think highly of these relationships...but we know that more than a few have worked out. I think what most of us want is caution.

Our Mod for this forum will fill you in on which might be more appropriate for you.

HB

With a good lawyer and good money to pay for it, a tourist visa is a breeze that is done within a couple of weeks.

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
The fastest is the girlfriend k1 visa marry in the usa option. The cheapest is the K1 marry in the usa visa.

a tourist visa is by far the fastest and the cheapest. She could even look for a job here and get a visa once here and you could see how she acts here. you could help her to get that is your want too. That is a third option. The tourist visa could work up to years for 6 months at a time. She could get a work visa or you could marry her doing that time. The tourist visa if you can get it can be done in 3-4 weeks i think while the other visas will at least 3 or 4 months.
I know this is an old thread but some people may read this and believe it.

The K1 is definitely NOT the fastest and for sure is about $1,000 MORE than the CR-1 or IR-1 marriage visas. The k1 is also a single entry visa, and you MUST adjust status (cost over $1,000) AND get married within 90 days of entering the USA. Then, you must adjust status AGAIN in 2 years to lift your conditional residence. At dominicanstotheusa.com we recommend the CR-1 or IR-1 (if you have been married for 2 years or more it's an IR-1) visas over the K1 visa in almost every case.

As for the tourist visa, unless the Dominican has major assets (read house, car, etc) and a decent job, they have little chance of getting a tourist visa. If they are young, single, and good looking, that's even worse. The USCIS figures they are coming to the USA to look for someone to marry so they can stay.

As far as time goes, the tourist visa takes about 90 days now, and the K1, CR-1, and IR-1 are running 8 months to a year as there is a backlog.

For more info, visit our site.

-Tim

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I just want to say that it didn't happen, not because he was a Sanky, but because it didn't work out.

Those kind of Visa is not working anymore for any dominicans, is sad to say this but a lot Dominicans screwed the amerians asking for those kind of visas with fake relationship, maybe the cheapest way was to apply for a visitor visa and once in USA change the status of te visa getting married, but to get the visa is also very hard for the most of the Dominican.

If you get married here in Dominican and can convince them that you have a real marriage your fiance can be in USA in 6 monhs if you are american citizen, the success will be easy if you can come to visit your fiance as much many time as possible,

Bauer Jak

Apr 14, 2013
i heard so many things. it take 6 months 8 months.. send for her as your fiancee. well i married my wife there this Jan. and filed my papers for her to come in Feb. Now i am just waiting. once i come there next sunday i would have been there twice since we have gotten married.