PriceSmart ordering food.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Last weekend we went to PriceSmart to buy few household items, but every time we pay, the cafeteria picture lure me to walk to the counter and order Frozen Caramel and sometimes Pizza and chicken.

But every single time, I curse my craving for making me go through that whole purchasing experiences. Those who have went to PriceSmart knows this. The whole food purchasing experience at the PriceSmart cafeteria is pleasant as your nuts being crushed. Lest weekend I asked for a 10 pcs chicken and frozen caramel, the guy told me it's going to take me 25 minutes and we ended up waiting like 45 minutes and another 10 minutes for my 2 Frozen Caramel since the guy insisted that the 2 Frzn Cpcn printed on receipt is two fruit punch and I had to wait for another person to come by and get my frozen caramel. The Other day I ordered a Pizza enetra grande and usual frozen caramel and the guy shoved me a 1 piece and insist that my order is complete. And the don't forget about after you pay for your food, in order for them to see your receipt is like waiting for your lottery number to be called. 25 people all waiting for one guy to do you a HUGE favor to check your order and just shove the receipt back and ask to wait since my 2 frozen caramel receipt number is 25 and number 18 is now being served.

Is there anyway to bypass all these? Anybody has a tip on ordering food at PriceSmart?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the massive crush of people jockeying for position at the "get your food" queue...

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Well it must be really really good food to go through all that...............

Once maybe 10 years ago bought a hot dog there, after that, always I just walk past, fight for place in line with a bunch of hungry dominicans or whomever, no way.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Koreano, a rather large person, ajem, ajem!! lives in Santiago. I totally agree with him and like other persons here, I bypass the place...not for me unless it is absolutely empty and I am very hongri! or hungry...

HB

May 12, 2005
Just eat before going to the store. Problem solved. Or just wait until you are done and grab a quick bite at La Marchena.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just don't. the food in pricesmart is god damn awful. and expensive to boot. a big no no from me. i do buy frozen caramel cappuccino thou :) just because this is something you don't wait for, they do it straight away.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, Try home delivery from Chef Pepper, La Campana, KFC, or Bon! Or stop at Square One since it is nearby.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
As we sometimes eat quick lunch at the church or we usually go mid afternoon, so we are normally not that hungry. But it's the Frozen Caramel that gets me all the time, I do miss that sugary frozen coffee drinks that I used to get everY corner. And I must say, it's the closest thing that I've tasted to buy on the go. And my wife craving for PriceSmart fried chicken and the pizza, I think for my wife, it's laziness of wanting to be done with quick meal is the only purpose of asked me buy it. Or she wants to watch me tortured.

But I've told my wife NEVRE AGAIN!!!!
I would put ourselves in debt and fly to Seattle every time for a cup of original Starbucks frozen drinks, then go through buying something to eat at PriceSmart.

Last edited: