WBC(World Baseball Classic) and world baseball rankings

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
I have been watching news and reading articles about the upcoming World baseball classic and seeing the world baseball teams rankings. Now I know we were sadly mistaken by these ranking last WBC when the Netherlands beat our team twice and some say they were the number one ramked team at the time. How is it now that they are 13 to 15 and is it possible that Dominican Republic could play(for once) the japanese team, and dare I say, win? also if you know the favorites are better ranked teams, I would love to know. I am sure that 2 time definding champs Japan but who else? Thanks in advance, oh yeah, contact me if you want to give me a Robinson Cano WBC jersey(2x btw) and I will give you my details, ja, ja, ja Take care and God bless
Biggs:chinese::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The usual supects...Japan, Korea, Cuba...
I've already ruled out DR, Venezuela, and USA due to key players dropping out of the tournament.
I think Japan and Korea will repeat the final. The kind of baseball they play might not sell many tickets at the stadium, but it's much more effective than the HR fest we're used to watch.

As I said on a previous thread, this could be the last WBC. Top players don't really care about the tournament, so it's ending up resembling the IBF World Championship of Baseball, with its amateur players...boring...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I was there last year at the finals in Panama the first and only baseball game I've seen in my life, had to wait 4 hrs for the game to start due to rain.

Yeah that's the amateur championship. A fun fact is, usually these tournaments are dominated by countries where baseball is not played massively. In countries where it is, good players are signed before they are 16, so those countries don't have good amaetur players. Last champion was Netherlands, nuff said...

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
as more MLB teams block players from playing it weakens an already weak Classic. the DR lineup is not bad but could have used a few more good MLB players.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
hello again, to those who get to see this, but I am confused even more than ever now. Which isn't hard to do, I know, but still. Okay some teams and pools are already started competing and some teams have not even been to their sites of their first games? I said this because, there was something posted on Facebook about Robinson Cano and The DR team playing warm up games against some MLB teams today and tomorrow, before heading to the WBC? :O Well, didn't Brazil already loose two or three games in the WBC and I think Taipei and Japan played also? wow, just trying to figure all of this up and out, :) take care and God bless,
Biggs

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm looking forward to seeing the USA play the DR in the next round if the USA advances.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
El Dominicanos are a "Dream Team". If they can keep their focus they will be very difficult to beat.

LTSteve

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Some pics of last year's final in Panama, The Netherlands-Cuba

The game was delayed for 4 hrs due to rain, what a girly sport ;)
It was the first baseball game I saw live and watch it completely, liked it but couldn't find much love for the game.
008_zps0058c007.jpg

009_zps4e45a6c3.jpg

013_zps417319f0.jpg

Let the celebration start!!

009_zps560a3d46.jpg

008_zps1b78c2b1.jpg

016_zps9d7b0357.jpg

I'm 6' and look small next to this guy

012_zpsab926358.jpg

014_zps5eae458c.jpg

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
well... I'm looking forward to the upcoming MLB season. Got my season tix, (Pittsburgh Pirates) via FedEx the other day. Upped my plan from 10 game to half season... and moved down from the nose bleeds to middle of lower level, just past third base. Nice seats!!!

The Pirates have a pretty nice training facility in the D.R., near el Toro I think. I'm really hoping to visit that sometime in the near future and see what they have going on down there. Has anyone ever seen any of the D.R. locations of the MLB teams??? If I'm not mistaken, a few teams have places like this.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
well... I'm looking forward to the upcoming MLB season. Got my season tix, (Pittsburgh Pirates) via FedEx the other day. Upped my plan from 10 game to half season... and moved down from the nose bleeds to middle of lower level, just past third base. Nice seats!!!

The Pirates have a pretty nice training facility in the D.R., near el Toro I think. I'm really hoping to visit that sometime in the near future and see what they have going on down there. Has anyone ever seen any of the D.R. locations of the MLB teams??? If I'm not mistaken, a few teams have places like this.

Between Boca Chica and Bayajuana quite a few teams have facilities there also the Pirates, these facilities are very beautiful.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hello, everyone, Seeing the United States play DR would be great if in the United States or DR, I know there are a lot of countries competing but they just have some games in locations that don't really amplify the games excitment. Also what is this run differencial thing? Well, so far so good for El Dominicanos to quote LTSteve, I like that title, ja, ja, ja take care all and God bless,
Biggs :)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I just watch the DR play so I can be googly eyed over Encarncion... that is a fine specimen ;) and to think he plays in my backyard (Blue Jays)... I should go to more games... yummmmmmm

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Anybody in Canada see that Sportsnet is airing a special on tonight at 10pm called "Dominican Blue Jays" considering how many Dom's we have on the Jays now we might as well be called that instead of Toronto... and I don't mind the eye candy :D

Anyways from what I saw in the preview this "documentary" was filmed mostly in the DR, assuming they will focus on individual Jays player.

Not sure if it'll be available online... but thought I'd share.

See I share for those of you that think I'm a stuck up b!tch :D