Dominican (street)espanol escrito

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Just got this message:
"hola mimol tehe chode meno"

I find it most interesting with my limited spanisch to find out what the gramatical correct expression for these msg's is :) And I learn to speak native dominican.

You have more examples (please only from authentic msgs) ?

Last edited:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Just got this message:

I find it most interesting with my limited spanisch to find out what the gramatical correct expression for these msg's is :) And I learn to speak native dominican.

If your Spanish is limited, stay away from that. It s not native Dominican, it is uneducated Dominican.

You just gave Marianopolita a heart attack :)

Dec 26, 2011
If your Spanish is limited, stay away from that. It s not native Dominican, it is uneducated Dominican.

You just gave Marianopolita a heart attack :)

It really is pretty awful. Not judging your friend. Just giving you the perspective of someone that's been reading bad Spanish for over twenty years. Help her.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Bamo as? una kosa: med? la diresi?n d eya, i llo le cribo una caltita.

Now, here's a text I received some years ago, asking me if I subscribed to Hi5: "Tu no tiene Jarfar?"

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Just got this message:

Hola mi amor, te echo de menos(Hello my love, I miss you)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

Now, here's a text I received some years ago, asking me if I subscribed to Hi5: "Tu no tiene Jarfar?"
"No, pero toy en tuirel y feibu"

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

That was years ago

Now : bb tiene wasa ?

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
As spanish is just another foreign language among others which I like to learn, I don't feel this 'awful' or 'horrendous'.
Just funny and also really useful for the daily communication in the DR with anyone. This is how the daily spoken DR-spanisch on the streetlevel is written as pronounciaded.
Btw., just started to learn creole. That's really funny and easy, after the widespread - complicated - world languages.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
As spanish is just another foreign language among others which I like to learn, I don't feel this 'awful' or 'horrendous'.
Just funny and also really useful for the daily communication in the DR with anyone. This is how the daily spoken DR-spanisch on the streetlevel is written as pronounciaded.
Btw., just started to learn creole. That's really funny and easy, after the widespread - complicated - world languages.

There`s a big difference between using street expressions and being ignorant. That text actually reflects a lot of ignorance!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
there are no rules in sending text messages. maybe one, can you understand the words that are coming out my mouth aka Chris Tucker. :laugh: