Puerto Plata Airport to Samana

T90CHICA

Feb 21, 2013
HELP! My husband and I are flying into Puerto Plata airport at 3pm this Tuesday. We wanted to go straight to Samana, but I can't find any information about a bus... Is it true that the only bus to Samana leaves from the POP hospital at like 7am? If so, is it safe to rent a car and drive (and easy to find the way) or better to stay the night and take the early bus? If so, where should we stay? Thanks very much!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you are set on a direct bus then you are out of luck, in a way. the one from POP goes out twice a day, actually: about 7am and then 2pm. so you will not be able to make it.
you can take a local guagua (minibus) from the main road but you'd have to change in rio san juan.

do not rent unless you plan on using the car every day while in DR. you will be better off taking a taxi from the airport to samana. less stress than driving, especially for a tourist. there is a huge plastic board with taxi prices placed right in front of the arrival gates so you can actually see what the set price is like. make sure that you and driver agree that this will be your final charge. and do not tip. they are already ripping you off :)

happy stay in DR!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I suspect it might be more (just guessing since its about a 3hr drive), it would be best to search this forum for private taxi and you will get cheaper, better service.