Is it difficult to get a canadian visitor visa for dominicans?

hichek

Feb 28, 2013
Hello,

Is it hard for dominicans to obtain a canadian visitor visa, assuming that the person applying for the visa does not have usa visa, but has traveled to europe before.

Just wondering. opinions welcome.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Seeing as you're Dominican... wouldn't you possibly know this already or have tried for one ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is VERY difficult to get a visitor's visa to Canada or the USA for a Dominican.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Having a visa for another country does very little difference for a Canadian visa. Making sure all your paperwork is in order and complete, you have the economic means to make the trip and something to come back to, do.

hichek

Feb 28, 2013
Tried for USA visa in Nov 2011 rejected. I saw the eyes of the consul and somehow I knew she had made her decision after looking at my passport. Tried a 2nd time in april 2012, the interview was longer, the consul rejected me. This time I asked for an explanation and he said i have been marry for too little and i should wait at least until my wife and I have one year. BTW, my wife has USA visa and canadian visa. So after the second rejection I decided to go to europe instead. Now my wife is studying in Canada and I want to apply for canadian visa first, and given the experience with the USA I just wanted to know the process better before jumping the gun.

hichek

Feb 28, 2013
Hello Kate. Thanks for answering my question. your response was very reassuring. "paperwork in order".

palmiche53

Dec 17, 2012
Canada has the position that everyone is really interested in moving to it. I can't really see why unless you live in a very poor country in east asia. Any person from middle class latinamerica is not interested since they can live better in their own countries (read quality of life) Canada is too expensive and a huge fridge, you can move in and buy toys but that's all you will get. Even the medical system is become a joke.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Canada has the position that everyone is really interested in moving to it. I can't really see why unless you live in a very poor country in east asia. Any person from middle class latinamerica is not interested since they can live better in their own countries (read quality of life) Canada is too expensive and a huge fridge, you can move in and buy toys but that's all you will get. Even the medical system is become a joke.

Money apparently grows on trees in Canada. That's why soooo many people are interested in living there. Plus, Canada appears to be in Nueva Yol where they all have relatives...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Convince me that the medical system is a joke. I had quad bypass surgery in Kingston Ontario- waited 3 weeks from diagnosis. Cost to me - Zero. Follow-up Cardiac rehab for 4 month- cost to me- Zero.
Canada is expensive. I know many middle class Mexican, Colombian...etc Canadians that are qite happy in Canada.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If you are a taxpayer in Canada, you ARE paying for healthcare, just not seeing the bills upfront. Problem is...if you live in Canada and are not a taxpayer, you still have access to the same services...which is why the system is becoming a joke...and yes, I work in healthcare in Canada and have for 18 years.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you are a taxpayer in Canada, you ARE paying for healthcare, just not seeing the bills upfront. Problem is...if you live in Canada and are not a taxpayer, you still have access to the same services...which is why the system is becoming a joke...and yes, I work in healthcare in Canada and have for 18 years.

IF you live in British Columbia and are not on Social Assistance you pay monthly for your health Care, unless you prove your income is next to nothing. With out the a health Care Card or insurance you pay $$$$ for any services. I have both federal public insurance through my career in the Military and private insurance.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
In Canada we pay our taxes (a lot of taxes) and some.....no most of it goes to health care regardless if you use it or not. So the more money you make, the more taxes you pay and it follows that you pay more for health care. You can probably count on my fingers the times in my entire life that I have gone to visit the doctor. Try and figure out how much I paid per visit, or how many visits I paid for lazy welfare bums.....Im sorry politically correct would be underprivledged citizens.