Family moving to Cabarete questions

cocoamama

Sep 6, 2011
We are looking to move to Cabarete for a year starting this fall. We have lived in Santo Domingo before, but decided on the North Coast this time since its closer to where my husband works. We are looking at schools for our 3 year old, leaning towards the International school in Sosua, are there any other good preschools in the area? English or Spanish is ok. Also we are possibly bringing our dog back this time. She's a Dominican street dog (from Nagua) but we've had her in the states for years. Does ocean dream let renters have dogs?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think the International School is your best option. I think each property owner makes their own decision on dogs. I do know there is one person who has a rental unit in Ocean Dream. Maybe he will respond.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
To expand on what BobK said about dogs in Ocean Dream, it varies between the different phases. Phase 101, 104 and 108 don't allow any pets. 102, 105, and 107 allow owner's pets. There are occasionally renters with pets allowed in some units, but only with approval from owners in that phase. 103 has renters with pets, but no units available as are long term renters.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
To expand on what BobK said about dogs in Ocean Dream, it varies between the different phases. Phase 101, 104 and 108 don't allow any pets. 102, 105, and 107 allow owner's pets. There are occasionally renters with pets allowed in some units, but only with approval from owners in that phase. 103 has renters with pets, but no units available as are long term renters.

LOL..........Scratch below the surface here and you'll find a down home rockem sockem reality series just waiting for the light of day. Arf, arf, woof.