Community development proyects for Cabarete???

Antonia Cantillo

May 30, 2012
I just bumped into this great community development proyect which is being done in Nicaragua by surfers that would be perfect for Cabarete. I am unaware of any projects such as this one so if you know feel free to post it here.

Just as i have experienced in Cabarete the surfers and windsurfers influence on the town could be so much more, not only leading to more tourism but also in helping for local community development ( eg: developing the town without degrading their environment, enhancing education for locals, creating new jobs that will help the community).

I have seen most people in town live from tourism but this doesnt seem to be helping them get a better living, education, etc. Most of them have low waged jobs which doesnt contribute to them becoming a better community / town.

Is anyone else out there wanting to contribute to help locals get a better community? :bunny:

Are there any projects being done like this in Cabarete?

Ps. here's a link to a video of the project done by surfers in Nicaragua and how it has helped the community there: Project Woo and Reef Redemption on Vimeo

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
The POSI project (Providing opportunity through self improvement) in Barrio Blanco is one. Also started by a wind/kite surfer, and is making a real difference in the barrio with new homes, a school and a clinic already in place.

Antonia Cantillo

May 30, 2012
The POSI project (Providing opportunity through self improvement) in Barrio Blanco is one. Also started by a wind/kite surfer, and is making a real difference in the barrio with new homes, a school and a clinic already in place.

Do they have a website? or a contact? i will like to see in what ways you can help....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
If there's money involved, I'm sure the beloved mayor will be delighted to be associated with the project! :laugh: