where is the overstay fee payment counter in PUJ airport?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Maybe because never had to use it, but I have never seen physically that counter.
Where is it exactly? At the check-in area? next to check-in counters or far away them?
What if you take a very early morning flight and it is closed?
Thanks.

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
There isn't one. Most of the time I am directed to a small office to the left of the immigration kiosks where someone will take your money and give you a receipt. If nobody is around you pay the person at the kiosk (usually less then required) they put it in their pocket and you move on with no receipt. Im sure if you wanted or required the receipt someone will come along but more then likely your plane will leave before that happens! Best to know in advance how much you are supposed to pay before heading out!

http://www.migracion.gov.do/servtarifas.html

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Normally you will get a receipt for your overstay penalty and then show it the customs and immigration officers who will then stamp your passport and allow you to move on to the gate. Don't sweat it. Believe me, they will not let you pass until you have payed up.

LTSteve

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
There is not one. The Customs and Immigration officer decides if you pay when you present and he/she checks the dates in your passport. Sometimes they take you to a small office, sometimes they pocket it. There is no getting out of paying what they say, unless you don't want to get through immigration and on to your plane. To my knowledge, you cannot pay anywhere else, thus you have to be boarding a flight or you won't get through security which is before immigration.