Amazon Prime: streaming available in DR?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Since I buy really a lot on amazon I am considering signing up for amazon prime reg. faster / free delivery etc.

I wonder if I can also use the movie streaming feature and the kindle library from here in the DR?

Does anybody use it? Any input welcome, thanks :)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I asked Kindle customer service at Amazon about that and was informed that video streaming and lending books are not available outside the US. You can purchase Kindle books and have them delivered here, but it is best if your account is listed as one in the US.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My account is listed with my Miami delivery / forwarding address... Not sure if that works...

Regarding streaming / lending a proxy might be needed?
Or these browser add on AZB or Rubio Higuey mentioned recently?

I asked Kindle customer service at Amazon about that and was informed that video streaming and lending books are not available outside the US. You can purchase Kindle books and have them delivered here, but it is best if your account is listed as one in the US.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
You need to use a program called HMA, Hide My Ass, or similar to enjoy Amazon Prime ie you need a VPN with an American address.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have Amazon Prime and watch TV episodes (pay per episode) down here in the DR all the time. I also order many items and have them sent to my Business Mail and Cargo address in Miami. They are obviously not checking IP numbers, it must be something with the set up of the account, or maybe your primary mailing address.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I have Amazon Prime and watch TV episodes (pay per episode) down here in the DR all the time. I also order many items and have them sent to my Business Mail and Cargo address in Miami. They are obviously not checking IP numbers, it must be something with the set up of the account, or maybe your primary mailing address.
It doesn't work for me. I had Amazon prime since get go, but I had tried before and just now...
It does not work unless you hide your Dominican IP using VPN...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I will just do their trial and see what happens. I'll report back for those interested...

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I use Amazon prime and rent videos all the time. I use a roku player (best thing ever) and a service called unblock-us. It is not specifically a IP changer, but tailored to the roku and other streaming services. I also get usatv which is all major networks and cable channels streamed for like $20 bucks a month.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Bumping-

Tried IPvanish and over 50 different IPs. Zero luck cracking the Amazon wall. I think Hulu is a lost cause too.

SUCKING AT LIFE

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Smart tv vs fire stick

I have amazon prime (more for shopping on amazon) on my LG smart tv it doesn’t work (bought the tv here, regional settings) on my amazon fire stick it works (bought it on amazon)

Jan 17, 2009
I've done it for years.  And now also streaming to my Apple TV.  Also download PRIME books all the time.  You just purchase a smart dns service.

Since I buy really a lot on amazon I am considering signing up for amazon prime reg. faster / free delivery etc.

I wonder if I can also use the movie streaming feature and the kindle library from here in the DR?

Does anybody use it? Any input welcome, thanks :)

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
I've done it for years.  And now also streaming to my Apple TV.  Also download PRIME books all the time.  You just purchase a smart dns service.
IPVanish didnt work. Smart DNS and IP masker...no luck

Can you post your exact smart dns service and the package you bought?

Thanks...

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
I have amazon prime (more for shopping on amazon) on my LG smart tv it doesn’t work (bought the tv here, regional settings) on my amazon fire stick it works (bought it on amazon)
The Firestick is just your "caster"....it does nothing else.

Where in the DR are you? What internet are you using? Are you masking your IP in any way?

Thanks.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I use a Kodi box that I got from Amazon and I even get PPV no problem. &* dollars well worth it. I get everything from American channels Irish German Canadian and Italian no problem.

Jan 17, 2009
I use both Amazon Prime and Hulu (and Netflix) for streaming on my computer, tablet, phone, and Apple TV.  Using Smartdnsproxy.com   I use the smart dns option of their service only, but they also include a VPN (it slows it down a bit, so rather stay with the US DNS while it works)  
Bumping-

Tried IPvanish and over 50 different IPs. Zero luck cracking the Amazon wall. I think Hulu is a lost cause too.

SUCKING AT LIFE

May 5, 2007
I use Amazon prime and rent videos all the time. I use a roku player (best thing ever) and a service called unblock-us. It is not specifically a IP changer, but tailored to the roku and other streaming services. I also get usatv which is all major networks and cable channels streamed for like $20 bucks a month.
A favor please Could you elaborate on what "USATV" is even though living in the USA, when using exclusively "sling" or Amazon I don't get network TV without a cable subscription (Getting crazy, TV and Internet over $200.00 per month)

Feb 7, 2007
My SmartDNS works with Hu--lu, Net--f-lix, Amaz-on--Prim-e.... They still offer 50% off, so you get Worldwide VPN, HTTP/SOCKS proxy, and Smart DNS for just $25 per year. You can have up to 3 different origin IP addresses using the service at the same time (more simultaneous use origin IPs available for surcharge). PM me for referral code.

Last edited: