Weather forecasts?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I know it is almost impossible to predict living in a micro climate, but has anyone found a reasonably reliable site to give same day forecasts?

I've never come across one that has been correct, or even slightly near the mark, but we never know. I'm looking into finding the next few hours. Maybe a satellite view for beginners or something I can understand?

Last edited by a moderator:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
of what? If you are in the DR just look out the window ( same day forecast) :)

I'm looking into finding the next few hours. Maybe a satellite view for beginners or something I can understand?

As far as I understand what the weather is doing right now is not considered a forecast, that would come under, 'what's the weather like'. In which case I would not have created this thread.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Giva?? Why bother? Unless your are having a cookout or a patio party, not much happens that will influence what you do, IMO...

Yeah, if you live in a low laying area you might want to know if it is going to rain a lot (Onamet)...
And during hurricane seasone we have Mike Fisher out there in Punta Cana and Cabeza de Toro telling us what he sees and we all look at the weather satellites images for anything interesting along the Hurricane Highway.

In the tropics we have Dry Season and Rainy Season, Hot Season and Not So Hot Season....It's basically a "What? Me worry?" world.

Just curious as to the why of your need for a day to day forecast...a sailor maybe??

HB

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Hey Giva?? Why bother? Unless your are having a cookout or a patio party, not much happens that will influence what you do, IMO...

Yeah, if you live in a low laying area you might want to know if it is going to rain a lot (Onamet)...
And during hurricane seasone we have Mike Fisher out there in Punta Cana and Cabeza de Toro telling us what he sees and we all look at the weather satellites images for anything interesting along the Hurricane Highway.

In the tropics we have Dry Season and Rainy Season, Hot Season and Not So Hot Season....It's basically a "What? Me worry?" world.

Just curious as to the why of your need for a day to day forecast...a sailor maybe??

HB

Not a day to day, rest of the day/afternoon would help as it might save me a 2 1/2 hour drive for no reason if it is the same as here, trying very hard to rain, but not making a very good job of it.
Like I said, I know it is almost impossible in a micro climate to predict anything, I know forecasts are useless here, but if you never ask you never get.
My query has been answered with a simple phone call, and turns out I would have wasted my trip, so.........