Greetings and Questions

madelineta

Mar 19, 2013
Hiii ... so I've been in here for about seven years... came down to study a while ago :) Santiago PUCMM and I've come across this site whenever I'm doing a paper on gender or misogyny (very interesting threads...can be super distracting and entertaining)... Now as to the questions...I need to renew my passport... the thing is a while back I lost my social security card ...went to the American Embassy in SDQ and two years later it has yet to arrive. Now I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to my passport... so I was wondering if anyone else has already done the same or if they have any suggestions as to what I could do? and if there are any related threads could you please direct me towards them.

madelineta

Mar 19, 2013
Thank you! But my issue isn't really where I should go... but what should I do so that it actually gets to me. The postal service here doesn't really seem to work. I usually get my claro bills a few months after they are due... as I mentioned my social security card never got here... I wouldn't want my passport to get lost... I love the island but would like to be able to leave it once in a while :D

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Your new passport is delivered by a U.S. certified Courier service to the address you give them when you have your appointment. It is delivered in a sealed U.S. Embassy envelope which must be signed for by you. You pay extra for that service and it is a part of your appoinment.

I believe the name of the courier service is DomEx.

"R"

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"666", Well,........."Almost!"
I got 2 of my kids Social Security Cards delivered by that "extra cost" courier service here in SD.
My youngest daughter's card didn't arrive.
One day, after my wife left in her car, I saw a dirty, rain soaked, driven over, envelope in the driveway.
Ar first I thought it might be the electric bill, or my bank statement.
That was soooo stupid of me, in 15 years at this address I still never get those!
I picked up the envelope, open it, THERE was my daughter's "SS" card!
Wet, and sand ground into it!
I go to the counsel whenever I receive anything!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I don't know about the Social Security Card, but the passport is supposed to be signed for by the owner. The government is a little more touchy about the security of a passport outside the U.S.

But then, one must always add in the "Dominican Factor"....... lol

"R"

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To my knowledge, Social Security cards themselves are never used as Identification, so it has nothing to do with renewing your passport.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"666", Well,........."Almost!"
I got 2 of my kids Social Security Cards delivered by that "extra cost" courier service here in SD.
My youngest daughter's card didn't arrive.
One day, after my wife left in her car, I saw a dirty, rain soaked, driven over, envelope in the driveway.
Ar first I thought it might be the electric bill, or my bank statement.
That was soooo stupid of me, in 15 years at this address I still never get those!
I picked up the envelope, open it, THERE was my daughter's "SS" card!
Wet, and sand ground into it!
I go to the counsel whenever I receive anything!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC