best option to buy terrace furniture?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hi, wanna buy the typical chairs, table and umbrella for my terrace, maybe any other terrace items.
Dont have much money for it, so wondering which would be the best option for it.
Maybe Veron or Higuey, and of course forgetting the crazy prices' Unicane, Ilumel, etc ...
Any ideas?
Cheers.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Get furniture made from 'glass fibre reinforced plastic'.
They have become popular in dominican and residents households.
You will find them in all furniture stores.
Different colors and good looking also.

Reason is they are by far the cheapest options if you calculate the long life expectation.
Whether proof, same material than many boats etc. are made with.

Alexander

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
checking now IKEA website and getting some prices. There are lot of terrace stuff, thats good. I will compare all of it with what I find in Veron this weekend.
About glass fibre, I know it is good for outdoors long-life, but all I have seen made from it was a bit tacky talking about design, but just my opinion ...
Cheers!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You definitely want weather proof synthetic wicker. The humidity, the sun, the salt air has an impact on your outdoor furniture. If it is not under a canopy it will weather quickly. Spend a little more and it will last a lot longer. Don't go cheap or you will replace it more frequently.

LTSteve

Captn Stu

Jul 1, 2012
Agree with LTSteve. And try some of the fereteria's we got some nice terrace furniture from Ferreteria Americana recently.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
resin or frp furniture will be long lasting, but the finish will not be. as an owner of a fiberglass boat, and past owner of resin patio furniture, I can promise you the sun and weather will make the plastic get "chalky" very quickly. You'll have to polish it often in the D.R. climate... or every time you sit on it you're behind will be covered in white powder.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Get furniture made from 'glass fibre reinforced plastic'.
They have become popular in dominican and residents households.
You will find them in all furniture stores.
Different colors and good looking also.

Reason is they are by far the cheapest options if you calculate the long life expectation.
Whether proof, same material than many boats etc. are made with.

Alexander

Not a bad suggestion, but they are not really weatherproof. We had some chairs that were in the sun fail and get crushed by sitting in them after a couple of years.