Thread: Good Mattress Store in Punta Cana

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Mattress Store in Punta Cana

Hello,

My wife and I are moving to Punta Cana in July and we need to locate a good mattress store. We have a really good tempurpedic here in the U.S. but it looks to be too expensive to ship. Can anyone advise me on some stores to check either online prior to moving (preferably) or when we arrive?
    Thanks in Advance

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost stores that sell Tempurpedic are priority.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know there isn't any stores like that in Punta Cana. You may be able to find such a mattress in Higuey. Here the best for mattresses is probably Ikea, although I may be mistaken as I don't make it down to Veron/Punta Cana airport very often. Ikea delivers the next day and has a minimum order, the home delivery is charged by weight, otherwise you can pick it up for free at their store.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

WE bought our mattress (maybe 2 yrs ago) at a Simmons in, I think close to Bavaro. We had excellent service - the mattress is wonderful and the service was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses. I would like to open up the search to all of the Dominican Republic for Tempur Pedic. Anyone know any stores that sell those mattresses?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on moving here to Punta Cana. It's important that you take your time buying your mattress so that you don't get the first thing you see. Ikea is a good option; there's also a furniture store in Veron called Felo furniture owned by a local merchant, I've seen mattresses there of various brands. So if you can bring a "good" air mattress and take your time, I think you'd be happier in the end. Good luck.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You cant buy a tempurpedic in the DR, tried that 2 years ago, even wrote the Company. You can buy a knock off at Ilumel, and we did, dont like it all that much, it gets HOT because its foam..