Mini-Sosua Beach Indoors

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The new bar, in the former Harrison's jewelry, has spread a truck load or two of sand on floor. For Semana Santa, I was told. Inside, it looks like a beach, with beach umbrella tables, etc. Not just a sprinkling of sand, a lot of sand.

A first in Sosua, as far as I know.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Are you sure?

Maybe just a rumor, but I heard everything was repo'd. Including the floor.

Who in their right mind would cover up tile with sand? It'll damage the finish.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
All the furniture, electronics and even the rental motorbikes were taken by order of the fiscal. These were taken as the owner of the bar is being sued by his ex-business partner due to owing him money from a previous business venture that failed. The owner anticipates getting all the furniture back within two weeks, (although I am sure that some of the furniture has already found its way to some peoples houses). He has taken advantage of a bad situation by purchasing cheap beach furniture and turning the bar into a beach bar and holding bikini contests. The floor is still there so who knows what it will look like once the sand is removed!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The new bar, in the former Harrison's jewelry, has spread a truck load or two of sand on floor. For Semana Santa, I was told. Inside, it looks like a beach, with beach umbrella tables, etc. Not just a sprinkling of sand, a lot of sand.

A first in Sosua, as far as I know.
Too bad. It was one of the nicest bars in Sosua. Hope it gets sorted and goes back the the way it was.